What's new

Injustice: GAU going 3/5 like Marvel at "CEO Never Sleeps" in November

I learn alot from watching the pro's live streams. So having more matches to watch will only help.

I think 3/5 matches will at least finally answer the question:

Is "making a good read" just a euphemism for "making a lucky guess"?

Luck is more rewarded when there are less trials. Prediction and reads are rewarded when there are more trials.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
I personally have no opinion on 3/5 or not for Injustice, but from what I've seen, Injustice runs quicker than most games.

For example, EVO top 8 went to near time out many, many matches and it still was 30-60 mins faster than the other top 8s.

I think that could be a good case for it. Most games (I've seen many top AE and MK9 players say this many times), players wished they were 3/5, and its a time issue. I think with Injustice being ran quicker than most other games, it's viable.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If there's eventually a fix for the default/config bug and people don't have to do marathon button checks to make sure that their buttons didn't unexpectedly switch after they set them, I imagine that'd cut down on the match time a bit further still.

LEGEND

YES!
Elder God
If there's a fix for the default/config bug and people don't have to do marathon button checks to make sure that their buttons didn't unexpectedly switch, I imagine that'd cut down on the match a bit further still.
btw, i think a mod should make a front page article about how pressing default in the control configure glitches the inputs. Because alot of people still don't know this and are causing tons of games to fuck up

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
btw, i think a mod should make a front page article about how pressing default in the control configure glitches the inputs. Because alot of people still don't know this and are causing tons of games to fuck up
That's a good idea.

I feel like this needs to somehow be explained at every big tournament, because there are always a lot of players who are either new, don't follow the scene, or are coming from other games/communities and don't have a clue that it's even an issue.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
dude.. I am the one saying there is no lop-sided MU's since day one and getting blown up for it by YOU actually on occasion lol. I just made the MK9 example because MLG used that format.
I agree that Injustice is very balanced and has no handicap matches.
if i ever said anything about top sided MU's (which i don't remember) it was probably a troll :) i agree there is no 8-2's at all in this game maybe a 7-3 here or there but overall really balanced. i was hoping that SJ would be 3/5 but it likes no TO's have the balls to try it, so i guarantee that SJ will run better than smooth and we all will be sitting there playing casuals for atleast 2 hours after pools by the time the other games finish. a simple blueprint could make this happen. play till top 32 if TO's are so worried about "time" save top 32 for sunday. i am pre registering tonight for SJ and will be training everyday for SJ.

Sup guys.

I'm not looking to change the game or anything and start a trend. I just wanna try it out due to popular request by my local Community.

The Rule I will be making though is this.

Again first stage is Randomized by Default

Then Loser can Pick either a New Character OR Stage. Only 1. If they switch Characters the stage remains the same. if they switch stages, nothing else changes.

Just curious to see since couple recent tourneys went super fast with 2/3.

I don't expect a huge turnout for this but we'll see how it goes.

Alex

DarthArma

Warrior
Sup guys.

Then Loser can Pick either a New Character OR Stage. Only 1. If they switch Characters the stage remains the same. if they switch stages, nothing else changes.

Alex
Unless they're perfect legend in top 8, in that case he can proceed to rape deg222 by switching to doomsday and going to rooftop and throwing unavoidable interactables