What's new

Injustice: GAU "Clash System Guide" by KingBlackToof

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It was one of the most sketchy areas of the game for the longest time, but NetherRealm Studios has fine-tuned it in to an awesome way to advance your second life-bar. For those who don't know, Injustice: GAU has a Clash System that works much like a "combo breaker". The only stipulations to it are that you can only do it once while you're on your second life-bar. A "Clash" essentially resets your positioning in the fighting area, however, KingBlackToof has made up an excellent guide on knowing your options when "Clashing".

*based on demo build*

Source: KingBlackToof
Credit: EventHubs

Attachments

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Pretty good guide but there a few mistakes/ommisions I listed below. The clash/wager system is really cool and adds a mind game to matches. Understanding how this works is key to your matches in Injustice.

• Minor point the clash icon is gold/yellow not green.
  • The health % gained from winning a clash as a defender does not both undo the combo damage and add whatever % you won by. It simply adds the % to your health at the time of the clash. So for example if you get hit by a 30% combo then clash and win by 15% you are at 15% lower health than when the combo started. The way he describes it you would be at 15% higher health than when the combo started, which is not the case. (You can actually see that in his video. @3:00 Lex does a 16% combo and Wonder Woman wins the clash for 25% and ends up at about 10% more health than the start of the combo.)
  • "Now if you are about to KO the opponent and start doing that damage it does actually just go straight through you don't have to wait for them to hit the floor. They can't clash you if they have a deficit in health." I have no idea what he is getting at here. The only limitations on when you can clash are the types of moves (throws, b3/f3 cannot be clashed, and meter burn moves can only be clashed in combo) and being in the second health bar. You can clash from 100% to 1% of your second health bar.
  • He does not specify that you can only clash the second hit of a combo. This becomes very important when you have very low health but very high meter but your opponent has no/low meter. They may chose to not combo you and instead try to hit in with either single hits/throws/meter burn/interactables to prevent you from gaining that health back.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
is it always a tie if you bet the same amount? So this is a really good idea if someone is doing a big 40% combo on you, and at the end you clash to undo that 40% combo ey?

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
is it always a tie if you bet the same amount? So this is a really good idea if someone is doing a big 40% combo on you, and at the end you clash to undo that 40% combo ey?
No it doesn't work like that. You are betting against your opponent. So if they bet 4 and you bet 2 they win by 2 (25%) but a tie doesn't undo the damage of the combo. A tie after a 40% combo would mean the defender just didn't take any more damage from that combo and it acted like a breaker in MK9 but cost whatever meter they bet from 0 - 4.

Which reminds me of one other omission from the video, you can bet zero bars and make it appear as if you have bet. This is done by pressing Meter Burn twice. This can be used to trick your opponent is using their meter when you don't want to bet anything.

No it doesn't work like that. You are betting against your opponent. So if they bet 4 and you bet 2 they win by 2 (25%) but a tie doesn't undo the damage of the combo. A tie after a 40% combo would mean the defender just didn't take any more damage from that combo and it acted like a breaker in MK9 but cost whatever meter they bet from 0 - 4.

Which reminds me of one other omission from the video, you can bet zero bars and make it appear as if you have bet. This is done by pressing Meter Burn twice. This can be used to trick your opponent is using their meter when you don't want to bet anything.
wut? I'm going to have to buy the Prima guide just so I can understand the clash system

Jim Thanks for the corrections there. Hopefully the person who made this video (or Tom Brady) can update it for accuracy.

Also, I noticed you can clash if batman throws 2-3 of his batarangs. Kind of weird, did this happen to anyone else?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning

Oh thats interesting. Im kind of glad, i'd be annoyed doing a combo for 40% only to have it all wiped out.

Thats a cool little mind-game with the fake-bet.

Is there a block breaker thing in this game, where once they start hitting you you can get out of it by using a meter? All I've seen is when they hit you, and you are blocking, you can do a knockback block to push them away.

drivingblind666

No Reason To Live, But I Like It That Way.
Thank you so much for posting this! I was so confused by the wager system. You really helped me out a lot! :D

Jim Thanks for the corrections there. Hopefully the person who made this video (or Tom Brady) can update it for accuracy.

Also, I noticed you can clash if batman throws 2-3 of his batarangs. Kind of weird, did this happen to anyone else?
wut? I'm going to have to buy the Prima guide just so I can understand the clash system
Yeah you can clash on projectiles as long as its more than one hit. Not crazy about it. Hopefully that's changed

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This game is getting more and more interesting. Still can't really experiment with it till i get the game. I don't have anyone to play the demo with.

the clash system is broken because no matter what you always bet as much as you can. if there were any plus to, or reason for betting lower, i can see how it COULD be a viable system. but because players are always just going to bet as much as they can everytime, this system is horribly flawed. if i only have 1 bar , and my opponent has 2 bars...wtf do you think he's going to pick? he clearly is going to win if he picks 2, so at some points it's very obvious who's going to win. the clash system is about betting with the mystery of not knowing who is going to win. i personally think if it were 100% random it would be WAY more exciting.