What's new

Injustice Frame Data

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5032

I was wondering if the Injustice frame data isn't giving us everything we need. I was under the impression that Cancel Advantage was an exceptionally important piece of information, and it seems to be missing from the in-game frame data hub. Am I to assume that the hit and block advantage of special moves is static, regardless of what normals/strings they are canceled in from?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
Cancel advantage is useful for determining gaps in strings and how many frames you had to interrupt low pokes cancelled into specials. It also was used to determine the advantage is when moves are cancellable (Kabals NDC and Sonyas MS cancel stuff for example).

Aside from if there is NDC type things, training mode testing to figure out if there is either no gap, a gap 1-5 frames, or a gap 6+ frames will be possible with just brute force testing much easier than it would have been in MK9.

Most games don't have cancel advantage for their frame data. MK9's frame data done by Somberness was quite unique. I would love for him to do cancel advantage and invincibility/armor frames for Injustice if he feels up to it.

D

Deleted member 5032

Cancel advantage is useful for determining gaps in strings and how many frames you had to interrupt low pokes cancelled into specials. It also was used to determine the advantage is when moves are cancellable (Kabals NDC and Sonyas MS cancel stuff for example).

Aside from if there is NDC type things, training mode testing to figure out if there is either no gap, a gap 1-5 frames, or a gap 6+ frames will be possible with just brute force testing much easier than it would have been in MK9.

Most games don't have cancel advantage for their frame data. MK9's frame data done by Somberness was quite unique. I would love for him to do cancel advantage and invincibility/armor frames for Injustice if he feels up to it.
But isn't Cancel Advantage how you determine what strings lead to safe specials? If I have a super that's 10 start-up frames and -10 on block, but cancel into it from a string with +20 Cancel Advantage, that would leave it neutral on block, correct?

This is so fucking confusing. Probably why I will never be good. :(. No idea what gaps and stuff mean in terms of gameplay and applying them.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
But isn't Cancel Advantage how you determine what strings lead to safe specials? If I have a super that's 10 start-up frames and -10 on block, but cancel into it from a string with +20 Cancel Advantage, that would leave it neutral on block, correct?
No. Block advantage will always remain the same. Cancel advantage will only reduce the start-up of a move, while on block it'll stay the same.

D

Deleted member 5032

No. Block advantage will always remain the same. Cancel advantage will only reduce the start-up of a move, while on block it'll stay the same.
Ah, ok. Then I've had the wrong idea this whole time. Thanks for clearing that up!

D

Deleted member 5032

I mentioned a LONG time ago that cancel frame and cancel advantage would not be there. you are free to continue to complain about it for the next year tho.
I'm not complaining about anything; I was asking a legitimate question. There are currently 733,585 posts on this site. A apologize for overlooking yours.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Some of the frame data at the moment is a little confusing. The hit advantage of Batman's ex straight grapple is -31 which can't be correct since you get a free combo off it. Batarang has -155 recovery frames...How can something have negative recovery frames? Also I'm not sure what all the recovery frames refer to...Is it literally the recovery frames starting when the active frames of the move are over, or is it the entire duration of your attack from start to finish?
colt Would you be able to answer any of this? Sorry if my wording is confusing.

Here's some things I hope we can find in the future
-Cancel advantage, especially since there's lots of armor & fast attacks to interrupt with now.
-Dash duration for each character.
-Jump duration. How much advantage does it take for a safe jump?
-Full screen execution. How long does my batarang take starting at full screen? This could also help explain zoning frame traps.

All that being said, I still think we've got more than we could have ever hoped for with the stuff that's already available to us.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the frame data is incomplete ..... sure the info there is very, very useful, but, there is no mention of active frames, only start up and recovery frames ..... frame data statics ,normally, are made from these 3 factores informed together

colt

Elder God
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
alot/most 2+ hit moves are currently calculated wrong for recovery and advantage. - these numbers will be updated to the correct ones "soon"
The grapple mb is obviously wrong for some other reason.

all the data lives on a server so it will just get "magically" fixed once we put up new numbers.

Seapeople yep feel free to list any additions ppl would like to see. We've got TONS of ideas of ways to improve it, things that we couldn't get in this time around ect. this was only the beginning.

Seapeople

This one's for you
alot/most 2+ hit moves are currently calculated wrong for recovery and advantage. - these numbers will be updated to the correct ones "soon"
The grapple mb is obviously wrong for some other reason.

all the data lives on a server so it will just get "magically" fixed once we put up new numbers.

Seapeople yep feel free to list any additions ppl would like to see. We've got TONS of ideas of ways to improve it, things that we couldn't get in this time around ect. this was only the beginning.
That's awesome, you guys are seriously catering to the competitive players :)

PPJ

()
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
colt in the ps3 demo Lex's b+1 low is +6 on block but - on hit, is this intentional?