What's new

Injustice FightStick to AirTapBox(Hitbox) for $28 ;)

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Yeah you are gonna have to throw all instincts out the window and start over. My best advice is jump with your right thumb and not the left. Keep this knowledge with you to the grave haha.

Good luck getting used to it man. Being hitbox elitist is so the way to go lmao
hahaha Thanks for your advice :)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
lol No but that happens 'cause you're already using a different finger for each input, so by laying all the buttons out you're already achieving the speed desired. There won't be any wasted move from your part. But take a look at this video at 3:40 and you'll see their explanation of why they have the up button down there. Makes sense, seeing that game, but does that actually apply to MK? If it does or not, I don't know yet...

I've been using a HitBox for like over 6 months or something now, I've seen all of these tutorials lol. I already told you that the up and down being reversed does help man - instant air fireballs. And specials moves are, in general, easier for the fingers to do because you just roll em and press an attack button.

Airvidal

I've been using a HitBox for like over 6 months or something now, I've seen all of these tutorials lol. I already told you that the up and down being reversed does help man - instant air fireballs. And specials moves are, in general, easier for the fingers to do because you just roll em and press an attack button.
Oh you've been using one...I thought you weren't lol Aight, I'll take your word for it

chores

bad at things
Sorry if this is an inappropriate post

I've found a metal shop that will make a control panels for my hitbox project. This is my first non-pad controller of any type so I have a few (probably stupid) questions:

1) I'm wanting to use Seimitsu snap-ins so the material will be 2mm thick T6 aluminium cut to a 7"x15" rectangle. They can cut the holes to the millimeter. The buttons will snap in at between 1.5mm and 3mm so 2mm should be perfect. Plexiglass isn't required for anything other than aesthetics, is that true? I just want to screw the metal down onto a wood box and be done with it.

2) The shop is making me pay for an hour of labor for something that will probably take less than 10 minutes, so I was considering having them make 5 or so. Do you think I'd be able to sell them? I would just be looking to recoop costs, not worried about a profit.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Fun fact. I lfirst earned to play fighting games on King of Fighters using a keyboard before I tried to really learn tech with TvC and MVC3. Cut my teeth on SNK boss mode with this sort of thing before I got serious about meta, and deeper stuff. I was a basic player grounded on nothing but pure footsies and fundamentals to beat that shit on hard. Probably why I love footsie characters today...and why I chub up the second I see a hitbox.

Not gonna lie...I REALLY would like to go hitbox someday. It was always SO fast typing inputs and rolling patterns across my keyboard during a fighter. Always felt precise too. The saxophone player in me connected to the patterns and rhythms of playing stuff with the mindset of lefty being my defining position hand and righty being my embellishing hand right off though instead of it being me defining what note my right hand was about to turn my left's position into it was me defining what input my right hand was about to turn into a move.

Hitbox=veeeeeeeery attractive.

Scott The Scot

I've found a metal shop that will make a control panels for my hitbox project. This is my first non-pad controller of any type so I have a few (probably stupid) questions:

1) I'm wanting to use Seimitsu snap-ins so the material will be 2mm thick T6 aluminium cut to a 7"x15" rectangle. They can cut the holes to the millimeter. The buttons will snap in at between 1.5mm and 3mm so 2mm should be perfect. Plexiglass isn't required for anything other than aesthetics, is that true? I just want to screw the metal down onto a wood box and be done with it.

2) The shop is making me pay for an hour of labor for something that will probably take less than 10 minutes, so I was considering having them make 5 or so. Do you think I'd be able to sell them? I would just be looking to recoop costs, not worried about a profit.
1) Plexiglass isn't needed. People make homemade arcadesticks out of shoe boxes, pizza boxes and pretty much anything. No plexi is used there I would imagine it's the same situation here.
2) Depends on how much you're selling them for, which console(s) they will work on (I'd tailor that to the customer) and if you're willing to sell globally. If you can offer great prices, I don't see why people wouldn't buy them - you could even market it on the internet as a cheaper alternative to the Hitbox, for people who don't want to take a leap of faith and spend big bucks but try it out first; like a test hitbox (The Testbox! :p) before they invest in the real deal. I think people could buy it easily. Make sure to emphasize that there's only 4 or 5 left so people get on edge and definitely want to buy it and don't miss a deal. You might even be able to make a small business out it, I can see it working. :)

Maybe @shaowebb can be your first customer ;)

Airvidal

I think you'd likely be able to sell them but don't forget you'd need to add shipping prices to the original cost, so, don't know how convenient it would be for someone trying to buy one. I for myself would even make one out of tapaware(I think that's how they're called). Then would just make some holes with a hot piece of metal and voila! lol Seriously though.

And no, the plexiglass is not required at all. Just looks fancy.

Fun fact. I lfirst earned to play fighting games on King of Fighters using a keyboard before I tried to really learn tech with TvC and MVC3. Cut my teeth on SNK boss mode with this sort of thing before I got serious about meta, and deeper stuff. I was a basic player grounded on nothing but pure footsies and fundamentals to beat that shit on hard. Probably why I love footsie characters today...and why I chub up the second I see a hitbox.

Not gonna lie...I REALLY would like to go hitbox someday. It was always SO fast typing inputs and rolling patterns across my keyboard during a fighter. Always felt precise too. The saxophone player in me connected to the patterns and rhythms of playing stuff with the mindset of lefty being my defining position hand and righty being my embellishing hand right off though instead of it being me defining what note my right hand was about to turn my left's position into it was me defining what input my right hand was about to turn into a move.

Hitbox=veeeeeeeery attractive.
lol It all makes sense, you should check them out, would probably be easier for you, you never know.

Scott The Scot

I think you'd likely be able to sell them but don't forget you'd need to add shipping prices to the original cost, so, don't know how convenient it would be for someone trying to buy one. I for myself would even make one out of tapaware(I think that's how they're called). Then would just make some holes with a hot piece of metal and voila! lol Seriously though.

And no, the plexiglass is not required at all. Just looks fancy.

lol It all makes sense, you should check them out, would probably be easier for you, you never know.
If it's a stickless arcade stick and it's cheaper than the HitBox that currently ships outside of the US for $60 - then people will definitely buy it.

Airvidal

If it's a stickless arcade stick and it's cheaper than the HitBox that currently ships outside of the US for $60 - then people will definitely buy it.
If you're talking a fully assembled "Hitbox" then yeah, I would say people would buy them, but I think he means selling the cases.

Wow, that's pretty cool man :)

Nice.. I did the same but used the stick hole for a button. Sold it to @Li1mightymouse ... He might have a pic
haha Yeah, I've been thinking on what I should do to cover that hole lol It's cool that you actually sold it xD

Scott The Scot

If you're talking a fully assembled "Hitbox" then yeah, I would say people would buy them, but I think he means selling the cases.
I see. Maybe I'm overambitious but if I'd be taking advantage of this oppertunity and fully assembling it.