What's new

Injustice Control Scheme and Compatibility with Fight Sticks

dendeno9

Noob
I made this thread to start a general discussion of the control scheme of Injustice and how it will work with various fight sticks or other equipment. Personally the only stick I own is the Tournament Edition MK9 stick by PDP, so I've really been trying to figure out how well it will work in Injustice. So far, this is what I have.

1. The simple attacks in Injustice as we all know will consist of four buttons: Light(1), Medium(2), Heavy (3), and the gimmick button (4). This works well so far considering this isn't too different from MK and all of these buttons are very accessible on the PDP stick.

2. As for the stage interactions, this is mapped to LB for 360 users (L1 for PS3 if I'm not mistaken) as seen in this video.
I'm okay with this because there is a designated LB on my PDP stick.

3. Enhancing special attacks seems like it is the same as MK9, which was pressing RT (or R2 for PS3) at the same time you pressed the final input on a special move. I found this info from this article: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/11/injustice-gods-among-us-is-more-like-blazblue-than-youd-expect/
I'm also pretty okay with this because the placement on my PDP stick will make enhancing attacks not very different if at all from MK.

4. The one thing that does worry me is activating Super moves. Like X-Rays in MK9, Injustice features a move that does damage in the 30-40's at the cost of a full meter. In MK9 this could be done by pressing both of the triggers at the same time, but for PDP stick users it was also possible the instead press RT and 3+4 because the other trigger was difficult to access. Injustice's Super moves are similar and are done by pressing both of the triggers at the same time, but I don't know if there will be some kind of alternative to PDP or other fight stick users. (The info about Super moves being done with both triggers came from the link in #3)

5. Also no block button, it's hold back to block.

Also does anyone have full knowledge of the control scheme, this is all I know so far. In this video, there is a diagram of the controls for PS3 under the screen, if anyone got a good picture of that diagram anywhere it'd be really useful.

How are you all going to play Injustice? Pad? Stick? How do you think this control scheme is going to work for your respective equipment?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Stick. I got a MadCatz TE that I've tricked out like Iron Fist and another thats a MadCatz Fightstick that I've tricked out like My Little Pony. I'll likely rock a similar layout to MVC3 that I use.

Yes I'm the poster guy for Mahvel-Gaf.

L M H RT
S LB RB LT

This way I can roll my fingers for LMH stuff and use my thumb to pop gimmick button like my Special button in Marvel. LB is for stage stuff so it'll be used, but not all the time like assists in MVC so its down below next to S. If 3 and 4 is MH then RT goes right next to them so I just mash all three and do my hyper. If its not then I'm just going to custom config RT to do hypers anyhow. LT can go hang out in no mans land in bottom left.

Basically I like to use my top row for everything and my thumb for Special and I'll config my setup to support this.

Great question--I also use the 5 button PDP stick, so I'm interested. Funny enough, I prefer my MK stick for Tekken over my TE stick--not really sure why lol.

dendeno9

Noob
Great question--I also use the 5 button PDP stick, so I'm interested. Funny enough, I prefer my MK stick for Tekken over my TE stick--not really sure why lol.
Really. I've just gotten into fighting games this summer with MK9 and the first stick I've bought is the PDP stick, but I've really been wondering what other games I can use it with. So far the only other one I play is BlazBlue, but I'll have to look into Tekken. You are talking about Tag Tournament 2, right?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure the button layout will be customizable and compatible with every arcade stick out there.

Really. I've just gotten into fighting games this summer with MK9 and the first stick I've bought is the PDP stick, but I've really been wondering what other games I can use it with. So far the only other one I play is BlazBlue, but I'll have to look into Tekken. You are talking about Tag Tournament 2, right?
Yes--I map the block button on the stick to the tag button in game. In Tekken 6, I mapped the block button on the stick to left throw (I use Lars, so I use it for his ISW air throw).

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Why not use a controller? They're good to use for MK. It's not like it's a six button fighter.

I've used the standard xbox 360 dpad for MK9 and had few problems. Most of my inputs work except it's hard to distinguish Back Forward from Down Forward when the same button is being used.

Also had problems with Noob (accidentally using Down up when trying to use Black Hole (in front( I think

dendeno9

Noob
I've kinda got the vibe too that they are trying to make Injustice so controller friendly that there really will be no reason to even use a joystick over the default controller. MK9 was made very controller friendly, but I'll admit some of the 1+2 inputs in MK9 probably weren't made with controller in mind, not sure if we're going to have stuff like that.