What's new

Injustice community needs GGA 16 bit as a commentator for MLG (pending Anaheim confirmation)

Do you fully support GGA 16 BIT as a commentator for MLG Anaheim if it happened

• Total voters

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
I want UltraDavid and DMS to commentate MLG. I would much rather see Bit and Tom compete than be on the mic. Plus, UltraDavid has that universal knowledge about FGs while DMS knows everyones background. Those two would be super good together IMO.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Gamerblake would be extremely awesome, but I would like to watch the passion and knowledge that 16bit and Brady can bring to the table as a team. I like DMS but sometimes it feels like he is in for the money more than for the passion to the game. 16bit and Tom FTW!!!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Ultra David would be dope, he does know the game, and loves it too, what would Bit and Ultra david look like???? shit, I have wood, ..... brb.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Sorry but I'd rather not have Gamerblake on commentary from what I've seen he really doesn't let the other guy talk. Bit and Brady would be great.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Bit has proven to be one of the our best players as well, so I think I would prefer to see him play than commentate, but either way it will be awesome.

Hini

Batomancer
i like bits commentary and all but hes not esports at all. if we cant have him screaming OH SHIT and popping off its not worth it.

i personally would like to see ultradavid or arturo with another person

Yeah ok so look, I dont know how much experience in watching other forms of e-sport and their commentators but I can say straight up from watching several different esports scenes for many years that you can definitley get hype and scream and still be a professional.

As long as you can convey your immense passion and love for the game, and 16 bit has those in spades, there will be no shortage of hype.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
If it was up to me I would chose tom and sabin.
I have seem some of their MK9 MLG stuff and is just amazing, to say the least.
I can understand why tom wouldn't want to, his chances of making top 8 are pretty darn good
I was thinking on pig as well, but he is too fucking thirsty l0l
TTG for side reporter is a must, imagine the interviews l0l
16 bit knows that people will roll with the top tiers, selena's chances will most likely get fucked.
there is always a what if scenario, am sure brady asks himself what if he had competed in MLG in the MK days.
Sabin and ultradavid seems like the perfect couple, 16 bit and tom get to compete and we get great commentary.

Lilith

Baebality
Jesus looks like 16bit also doesn't know how to be a normal person in public and also needs to wear a diaper and have someone burp him. Seriously guys?! HE CLEARLY IS NOT CAPABLE OF BEING A CIVILIZED HUMAN BEING LIKE US ......-_-

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Sorry, @AK Pig Of The Hut ...we usually agree on things but i feel character representation is just as important for making our game look good...his commentary is outstanding but that Catwoman is even better.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
Jesus looks like 16bit also doesn't know how to be a normal person in public and also needs to wear a diaper and have someone burp him. Seriously guys?! HE CLEARLY IS NOT CAPABLE OF BEING A CIVILIZED HUMAN BEING LIKE US ......-_-
Shame on you for getting pissed because someone is being himself?

UltraDavid and Sabin. Are my picks or UltraDavid and Bit.

But @UltraDavid needs to commentate, we need a neutral face, who won't take away from showcasing the game to it's full potential, if Brady and Bit duo, potential good matches and hype moments get taken away.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I don't feel "others should be", but I would rather him compete because that is what he does best. He has shown how much he loves this game by continuing to level up with Catwoman instead of switching and being like "my char sucks blah blah blah". My point is his story lines as a competitor are better then they would be if he was a commentator. He adds a lot of hype and I feel like it would be a waste to lose him as a competitor honestly. But he is a top candidate for sure and he would do a great job. It's up to 16bit. I wish there was an option for "I'd rather see him compete". That would be my vote.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Listen...when your in the comfort of your own scene, you don't need to be all proper and professional.

Does tom get emo when he is on MLG stage? NO

If we can trust tom with MLG...we sure as hell can trust @GGA 16 Bit

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
im sorry but i disagree with ultradavid. i appreciate his commentary in street fighter, especially alongside james chen, just for injustice i feel he doesnt know much of anything about the community and the beefs/legacies/stories/hype/etc that surrounds us and makes us. As far as textbook commentary, sure he will do a great job. I just dont see him keeping it hype, nor being too informative.

As for who i believe the most INFORMATIVE commentators are while maintaining a hype profile without losing sight of professionality, they are.. (in my order)

GamerBlake, his commentary at ATL Scraps before Final Round was godlike, he stopped all side conversation and brought all the attention to the game, he remains hype and he is knowledgeable about every aspect of the game. Even for the Pig EVO tournaments where he was commentating by himself, he was half the reason i even watched all them through. He keeps the game interesting when he speaks. Period.

16 Bit, Mostly when hes with his GGA family, this guys commentary is always on fire. His only problem lies in easily being side tracked and always changing topic. I think a professional commentary job at MLG will change his perspective entirely and he will do an AMAZING job. He is the face of hype for NRS and also one of the games' many top players. When he is in his zone he doesnt miss a detail.

Darth Arma, I love this guys commentary because he always speak as if he's talking to new viewers. He explains everything all the way through, from simple mechanics to advanced shit. He never gets side tracked and his voice just fits IGAU commentary perfectly. MLG will bring A LOT of new viewers, as well as competitors, i think Darth is one of the perfect people for the job. He always commentates and brings it down to a casual viewers level, but without dumbing it down, he explains things with clarity and conviction. Definitely a great choice.

DMS, although while not a "top player", he is a VERY helpful part of the community and he tries his hardest to attend EVERY MAJOR. This man sees every major pop off in person, knows the back story of every player and always has his own commentary style. He makes sure to keep the spot light on the players, but sometimes he gets side tracked (mostly pool play it seems) which isnt good for a big event like this. It is MLG though, so obviously if DMS stepped to the plate, he would do correct and handle the business he had to.

Tom Brady (not coming off a loss, waiting in winners and not watching an aquaman player) This man would be number 1 on my list of great commentators, if only he didnt wear his emotions on his sleeve. When he is in winners bracket, sitting in top 8 and NOT watching an aquaman player, he will deliver some of the greatest commentary for IGAU that you will ever hear. He is well-spoken and knows his mechanics. At the same time, he isn't over technical and even casual viewers can follow him without having to ask too many questions. Although, when Tom is in losers, you can tell because he never delivers the same commentary everyone wants. he will speak on the game for a bit, and then talk about things he shouldve done and then beat himself up, etc. Or if an aquaman is on stream, he will constantly give them "ups and downs", things like "he did well there, i wouldve done that" or "oh he couldve gotten way more damage there had he done this" "thats not a real aquaman mix up". It gets annoying, but i KNOW if he takes the job on commentary, he will do an AMAZING job. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

I believe any 2 of these 5 men will do amazing.

Don't get me wrong, i love flipkev (ttg) but hes too hype and not informative. He's the guy you want commentating when P2W and Rico do $1000 MM, someone to keep the blood running, especially for people who are well-versed with he game and the community. As far as casual viewers, i dont think he would be able to usher them into Injustice as well as the others ive mentioned. If he ends up commentating for MLG, i am NOT mad whatsoever, and i believe he would do an awesome job, i would just prefer to see the other guys i named.

Drecker

GET CITY.
I fully support Bit as a commentator, but I could never ask him (or any other serious tournament player) to give up their spot as a competitor to do so. As such, I feel that the most ideal commentary would come from someone who can fully dedicate themselves to commentary, such as Ultradavid and Arturo. GamerBlake would be a solid choice as well.