What's new

Injustice 2 may have a demo

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
There is a "chance" that Injustice 2 will receive a demo prior to the games official release. Ed Boon was asked on twitter about a demo and he didn't shoot it down, so that's a good sign. As many of you that played the first Injustice know, there was a demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us that hit the networks about two weeks prior to the official release of the game.

Boon's tweet: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/799652993347899392
idemo.png

Screenshot of Injustice: Gods Among Us demo select screen:
idemo1.png

Another fun fact: The last Injustice demo was announced officially at the later part of March on the 28th. See the original article here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-gods-among-us-demo-coming-april-2nd-to-psn-and-april-3rd-on-xbl.29250/

Aside from some twitter news, I would guess that this is to hold the fans over until at least January. However, knowing there's a chance for a demo is very exciting news!

trufenix

bye felicia
A demo/beta COULD make the game better. Bugs, exploits (infinites and the like), etc could be found so they're removed from the game before it launches.
Or it could not, meanwhile the month of development it will take to make once could be spent DEFINITELY making the game better.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ummm... it's two weeks gathering player feedback before the release.
Yeah, that's not what a demo does. That's what a beta does. Street fighter wasted a year on that, the game still came out shitty and incomplete. How sweet would SF5 have been if they didn't have to spend hours of their development cycle retooling the game for the ungrateful fucks in their "beta".

All a demo does in 2016 is give jaded gamers and the media 2 weeks to fuck up their expectations and post leaks on the internet, oh and let a lot of people who are already commited to buying a game play a gimped version of it a few weeks early.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yeah, that's not what a demo does. That's what a beta does. Street fighter wasted a year on that, the game still came out shitty and incomplete. How sweet would SF5 have been if they didn't have to spend hours of their development cycle retooling the game for the ungrateful fucks in their "beta".

All a demo does in 2016 is give jaded gamers and the media 2 weeks to fuck up their expectations and post leaks on the internet, oh and let a lot of people who are already commited to buying a game play a gimped version of it a few weeks early.
To further this, I think the SFV demo was one of the factors to why SFV had such a bleh launch.
The casuals already got their fill of the game both playing and watching by just watching people play the beta on twitch.

I noticed a lot of people actually surprised that SFV launched, as a lot of them actually thought the game had been out for months.

I know Injustice has a lot more casual appeal then SF, but fighting games are not shooters, and have a significantly shorter shelf life for the casuals, so it's something to consider.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
To further this, I think the SFV demo was one of the factors to why SFV had such a bleh launch.
The casuals already got their fill of the game both playing and watching by just watching people play the beta on twitch.

I noticed a lot of people actually surprised that SFV launched, as a lot of them actually thought the game had been out for months.

I know Injustice has a lot more casual appeal then SF, but fighting games are not shooters, and have a significantly shorter shelf life for the casuals, so it's something to consider.
Who says there has to be 100 betas though? 1 week long beta should suffice

Edit: At least a weekend

Gamer68

Fujin!
YES! I really hope they decide to do it. I would be fine with either one (demo or beta). I just hope they do it earlier than a couple of weeks before the game's release like Injustice 1.

omooba

fear the moobs
for some reason when i saw 'demo' i thought he meant demo sonya and had a mini heart attack

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Or it could not, meanwhile the month of development it will take to make once could be spent DEFINITELY making the game better.
I seriously doubt it takes a month to make a demo. I also doubt it involves the same resource group that it takes to make the game "better". If that was the specific situation I think you would have an argument. I also think they wouldn't be doing it.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
most of the time the demo have players i care not to play with. like the injustice 1 demo i didnt care for it i eventually mained nightwing and cyborg. my two cents

Considering that mkx had no demo before launch, I would be really surprised if NRS did one here. I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt.