What's new

Injustice 2 "Frame Data" Option

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did anyone else notice this during the live-stream?

Those are the practice options. I'm wondering it it's going to be some sort of "live" frame data tool to show you "true" frame data in real-time. As in, you shoot a projectile point blank and a little "-20" pops up, but you shoot it from full-screen and a little "-2" pops up to indicate the actual frame data for that scenario.

I'm really hoping that's the case, so we can finally know actual frame data without having to set up complicated testing environments. Or, you know, see how the frame data changes for instant-air attacks based on the height, projectiles based on the distance, and see the advantage of different combo enders based on the ending gravity of the combo.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Huh, good catch I didn't notice that!

My guess is that it would be like you use a move and it would show the properties live in the "information box" thingy, like you said. For example you do D2, it gives you the startup, the block advantage etc. Hopefully they give even more advanced stuff like which active frame you hit the opponent with as well as a live block advantage calculator rather than just showing the standard frame data of a move that assumes you hit it on the first active frame.

This is getting me really excited to lab this game when it comes out. Like, seriously I can't wait. I hope it's pretty similar or even better than what I'm hoping.

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Still would like to be able to toggle visual hit/hurtboxes on or off, but this is definitely a great step forward if your theory is correct!

Can't wait to jump into the lab now!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Even if this is the case, I bet $100 it's useless at first because NRS never gets their own frame data right and that's just sad.
Hopefully its just coded/programmed to give real frame data and not just spit out the predetermined numbers of an excel file NRS made. Like if it gave off different numbers if something was a meaty or like Karaoke said with it accounting for travel time on projectiles that would be godlike but thats extremely hopefully with NRS' track record

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
That's what's I thought too

I'm really curious about the record feature to see if we can do multiple recordings

Xev

Noob
Getting flashbacks from the training mode in Virtua Fighter 5 fs, hope it's even close as good as that for frame data <3