What's new

Injustice 2: Finding Hit/Hurt-Box issues.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
This Thread is dedicated to finding any hit/hurt-box issues in the game before it's release in the hopes that NRS can fix them beforehand. Please post any errors you have spotted and discuss.

By, "hit-box issue," I am referring to any situation where an attack clearly hits an opponent but the game does not recognize the attack made contact. Here are examples I found in recent game-play videos...
  1. At 4:58 Blue Beetle's projectile is on a trajectory to hit Harley's foot but stops just short.
  2. At 7:08 Gorilla Grodd's Down+2 whiffs against Wonder Woman for no apparent reason.
  1. At 3:08 Attrocitus' jump in punch travels through Grodd's body but nothing happens. It should have been an overhead hit.
  2. At 3:45 Attrocitus' Lava Breath causes hit-stun before touching Grodd. The projectile eventually does have the range to touch Grodd but he has been popped up into the air which result in the move never actually making contact.
  3. At 5:20 Supergirls jump in kick clearly misses it's target but she still gets a hit with her torso. This could be intended as an elbow strike.
  4. At 5:30 the interactable did not touch Aquaman but he was hit regardless. Even if he was hit he should be knocked forward not backwards.
  5. At 12:29 Superman's Fist travels through Grodd's body but nothing happens.

Last edited:

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
I found some more hit/hurt-box issues...
  1. At 0:27 Superman clearly contacts Grodd with his Forward+2 but the game does not acknowledge.
  2. At 0:48 Superman's Forward+2 whiffs again, despite touching an airborne Gorilla.
  3. At 1:50 Superman whiffs a hit against a slower attack. Maybe it's throw-immunity?
  1. At 3:18 Supergirl uses a rising uppercut special move to anti-air Batman but at no point does her body ever contact Batman. This is a ghost hit-box.
  2. At 4:18 Batman's fist contacts Supergirl while she's in a juggled state however the hit has no effect.

Last edited:
Everyone should be on the hunt when the game releases with their characters for this type of issues, so they can fix them early on

At 4:58 Blue Beetle's projectile is on a trajectory to hit Harley's foot but stops just short.
I dont think that was a issue, since projectile hits the ground and it was really far

And other things you mentioned, i noticed that hitboxes are a bit small and normal attacks need to be timed and spaced correctly to connect, unless they change them

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
I dont think that was a issue, since projectile hits the ground and it was really far

And other things you mentioned, i noticed that hitboxes are a bit small and normal attacks need to be timed and spaced correctly to connect, unless they change them
I guess if the move were a ball of electricity it would make sense that the projectile is nullified the instant it touches ground. In my eyes it's a ball of heated Plasma which should still follow it's trajectory. It feels like it should have hit but it didn't which I imagine will turn off a lot of Blue Beetle players.

The hit-boxes aren't just small, they are completely separate from the character model; Superman's fist during Forward+2 is literally traveling through Grodd yet nothing happens. If they want the hit-box in that position, NRS should change the animation of the character to match. This could also be an issue with character's hurt-boxes while in a juggled state.

Last edited:

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
BETA GAMEPLAY
Tip: you can change youtube's video settings to play in slow-motion.
  1. At 1:20 Superman swings his fists in front of Batman's face then hits him twice for flinching.
  2. At 1:32 Batman jumps over Superman missing his flying knee but still lands a hit with his cape.
  3. At 3:11 Batman clearly kicks Superman in the kneecap at the end of his slide but Supes ignores it. Either Superman's leg doesn't have a hurt-box or Batman slide's further than his hit-box.
  4. At 3:30 Superman's D1 whiffs underneath a jumping Batman but still causes hit-stun.
  5. At 3:32 Batman's punches are no bueno against Superman's non-existent hurt-box.
  6. At 4:05 Superman is no match for a good pair of steel-toed boots

Last edited:

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Here's some Supergirl gameplay featuring Sonicfox and LittleBoss
  1. At 1:00 Supergirl gets a wall bounce despite her kick completely missing her target.
  2. At 1:03 Her flippin knee never made contact despite starting a combo.
  3. At 1:08 WTF kind of hit-box is this? somehow the teleport trades with the People's Elbow?
  4. At 1:10 Supergirl punches her foe in the back of the head and gets nothing but air.
  5. At 1:18 Her punch clearly goes over Supergirl's head but continues the combo anyway.
  6. At 1:47 That Laser is being blocked by nothing.... NOTHING!!!! It should whiff dog gambit!
  7. At 2:12 Supergirl's jumpin kick has a ghost hit-box way bigger than it's actual animation.
  8. The rest of the issues I found in the video are just repeats of the ones already listed.