What's new

Injustice 2 - Characters and Voice Actors

take it extremely lightly but Silver Banshee, Spawn and Sub-Zero now have voice actors on IMDB. Could be true could be false, I'm giving it a chance because those characters could be likely in this game. When Tanya was announced for MKX her voice actor was on IMDB months before she was revealed, so either someone got extremely lucky guessing both Tanya would be in the game and whoever voiced her would actually voice her. We will see if there is ever confirmation on thes.

This is actually not true. Here's a news timeline: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/archive.cds

June 2014: MKX is revealed
July 2014: Raiden revealed.
August 2014: Kano revealed.
September 2014: Nothing, besides maybe some new screenshots.
October 2014: Quan Chi revealed.
November 2014: Nothing new revealed, but the first Kombat Kast happened.
December 2014: Nothing officially confirmed, but Kung Lao leaked. New character dialogues (like Scorpion vs. Quan Chi) were also released.
January 2015: Kung Lao confirmed, Kitana/Lao trailer released, Reptile revealed, and MKX comic started to release.
February 2015: Ermac revealed, Story trailer released (which obviously revealed a LOT of characters)
March 2015: LOTS of new stuff. Like 3 new trailers, a mobile game confirmation, streams confirming playable characters, DLC (Kombat Pack) revealed, and so on.
April 2015: The game released.

Keep in-mind that Ed was also teasing heavily for future MKX reveals in September with the boot thing. He also teased a lot of other stuff including that motion cap pick of Kenshi. While September, November, and December were slow in reveals they still had a lot of communication. The whole tease thing like I already said, but remember that they were also starting up Kombat Kast, doing interviews, and other stuff like that. Heck, I remember Adam Orbano (or whatever his name is) slipping the fact that Johnny Cage was playable.

Injustice 2's last reveal (Harley/Deadshot trailer) was back in August. No reveals in September, October, November or December. We did just get a Supergirl breakdown showcasing her redesign, but that's not a new reveal (character, stage, mode, etc). There has been very little to no teasing as well. Also barely any communication, no Injustice 2 interviews, livesteams -- nothing. Obviously no leaks or anything. No magazine reveals/leaks either. With MKX there was the Kung Lao magazine leak/confirmation, with Injustice there was Bane (and Raven I think), and MK9 I'm pretty sure there was Ermac and Jade.

One last thing: the Supergirl breakdown came out of no where and was barely talked about. There was no tease or heads-up, it just kinda dropped and Ed tweeted it out. There was no follow-up info on the trailer, they didn't even talk about Supergirl's redesign or anything. They posted it and then went back to being silent.

So things have definitely been happening differently with Injustice 2. There's been far more silence compared to MKX. BUT! With that being said, yeah, I'm sure a lot of reveals will start getting pumped out starting this month. There's the possibility that it's getting delayed but I don't think that's happening, and I do agree that the voice actor strike probably has no effect on Injustice 2 -- all of that stuff has already been recorded. Still, I just wanted to post the differences between MKX's and Injustice 2's "news timeline" so far.
Didn't they announce Goro and the release date of the game in September? Pretty sure we haven't gotten a confirmed release date for IJ2 yet either.

Regardless of the reasons why we haven't gotten any information, I really hope it starts to pick up this month. It's been far too long.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Your timeline matches mine

News is bleak between Aug and jan every game

Just stop

U guys are trying to create this bs paranoia
"Mkx we had a Quan reveal trailer in September/Oct then not a peep. Panic was amuck then WHAM full blown 2 min trailer in July."

You actually said that we didn't get a new trailer until July -- but the game was already out by then. Did you mean January?

Anyway, I'm not trying to create paranoia. I think everything is fine with Injustice 2, it's just that they are probably trying to keep more secrets/surprises this time around or something. Like I said before, I just wanted to show the timeline differences.

Didn't they announce Goro and the release date of the game in September? Pretty sure we haven't gotten a confirmed release date for IJ2 yet either.

Regardless of the reasons why we haven't gotten any information, I really hope it starts to pick up this month. It's been far too long.
You are actually right. I just look it up and it seems that Goro + Release Date was announced around September 14th. Weird that MKO didn't log that in their news timeline.

About the release date for IJ2, yeah, that hasn't been confirmed either. But judging by past release dates it should be coming out around April (maybe a little later this time, but probably not by much).

I'm 99% sure we will start getting news starting this month, and constant news every month up until release date.

Gamer68

Fujin!
take it extremely lightly but Silver Banshee, Spawn and Sub-Zero now have voice actors on IMDB. Could be true could be false, I'm giving it a chance because those characters could be likely in this game. When Tanya was announced for MKX her voice actor was on IMDB months before she was revealed, so either someone got extremely lucky guessing both Tanya would be in the game and whoever voiced her would actually voice her. We will see if there is ever confirmation on thes.
It's fake. This happens all the time for lots of games. I remember when MKX's page had Taven and a bunch of other characters listed, and some of the voice actors were obscure ones.

Tanya was probably just luck, a lot of people were confident at the time that a lot of MK4 characters would make it in (so Tanya, Fujin, Reiko, etc).

With that being said, it's a safe bet that Spawn and Sub-Zero will make it in as DLC -- probably within the first 4 DLC characters as well.

Reactions: GAV

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Well, his main is this guy...

...Booster Gold.
I think Booster Gold would make a cool addition to the roster! Although he doesn't have much of a connection with Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle like he does with Ted Kord/Blue Beetle. ;)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
"Mkx we had a Quan reveal trailer in September/Oct then not a peep. Panic was amuck then WHAM full blown 2 min trailer in July."

You actually said that we didn't get a new trailer until July -- but the game was already out by then. Did you mean January?

Anyway, I'm not trying to create paranoia. I think everything is fine with Injustice 2, it's just that they are probably trying to keep more secrets/surprises this time around or something. Like I said before, I just wanted to show the timeline differences.

You are actually right. I just look it up and it seems that Goro + Release Date was announced around September 14th. Weird that MKO didn't log that in their news timeline.

About the release date for IJ2, yeah, that hasn't been confirmed either. But judging by past release dates it should be coming out around April (maybe a little later this time, but probably not by much).

I'm 99% sure we will start getting news starting this month, and constant news every month up until release date.
Staph