What's new

Injustice 2 - Characters and Voice Actors

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hey all,

I made a video about the current characters and their voice actors.

I hope you enjoy the video!

No idea if this is just a rumor or not, but it is said that there is a strike going on, involving the voice actors. If this is true, then some of these might be subject to change.

Peace!

champdee

Noob
The strike is real yeah. Knowing how the voice over industry works they can either just cast someone else, or just give them what they want (which is more breaks, etc so they don't go blowing out the voice which makes it hard especially if they have other work going on)

Here's an interview with Yuri Lowenthal, pretty much confirming that there is a strike going down, nothing really injustice related but yaa..
SKIP TO 24:10 to hear about the strike. AS I said though, the way the voice over industry works.. they can either cast other people or refer to this video skipped to 24:10 and he explains it.

Anyway, it should come out in time, if it doesn't it would come out not long after (just how the industry works) oh, Laura bailey and Travis Willingham are married, Phil Lamar played Kotal, And Troy Baker as Erron Black just for some nickle knowledge. Tara plays someone in inj 1, all I can think of off the top of the dome at the moment. Hope this helps you guys understand more about whats going on, etc :)

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Please stop spreading the narrative the game is delayed because VO strike.

MK9 no news till 12 weeks before release
Injustice no news till 12 weeks before release
Mkx no news till 12 weeks before release

HEY GUESS WHAT: between Jan 16-23rd there's gonna be some huge news because it'll be 12 weeks before release

champdee

Noob

HEY GUESS WHAT: between Jan 16-23rd there's gonna be some huge news because it'll be 12 weeks before release
I'm not, I just know a hell of alot about the industry, re read my post and skip to 24:10 on the video.

And cool to know that there's news soon.. Jan is very close

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Really? Ya'see this is why tracking information is awesome.

EDIT: Plus, Boon had shot down any rumor of delays some time ago.

Matix218

Get over here!

Psssshh.... just because 100% of NRS's past games followed this timeframe doesn't mean Injustice 2 will as well.

:DOGE

Pig Of The Hut

Really? Ya'see this is why tracking information is awesome.

EDIT: Plus, Boon had shot down any rumor of delays some time ago.
You can screencap this, I 100% stand by what I said

Remember the panic during injustice? Then randomly in Jan came a 12 week bracket of heroes vs villains and fans voted who won. The video showed new characters playing against each other

Mkx we had a Quan reveal trailer in September/Oct then not a peep. Panic was amuck then WHAM full blown 2 min trailer in July.
Also all VO is recovered at one time. I assure you when that black canary actress tweeted she was doing her VO and MoCap everyone else was too. It's been long recorded.

The game WOULD DEFINITELY BE DELAYED if they were not doing VO until now

We're good

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Good video. Very well done, MO.

Question though...

Is it just me that thinks ALL these characters are trash? I can't imagine myself picking any of them and feeling good about it at the select screen.

Remember the panic during injustice? Then randomly in Jan came a 12 week bracket of heroes vs villains and fans voted who won. The video showed new characters playing against each other

Mkx we had a Quan reveal trailer in September/Oct then not a peep. Panic was amuck then WHAM full blown 2 min trailer in July.
Also all VO is recovered at one time. I assure you when that black canary actress tweeted she was doing her VO and MoCap everyone else was too. It's been long recorded.

We're good
I doubt the VA strike affects IGAU2 at all this late in the game considering its probably been done for quite some time.

Oh and just for lulz I replied to @Pig Of The Hut because he will stand by his word 100% right or wrong. He's probably pretty spot on in this estimate, but he will admit he's wrong when something proves his point otherwise, which is a relief cause not too much of that ever happens

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Good video. Very well done, MO.

Question though...

Is it just me that thinks ALL these characters are trash? I can't imagine myself picking any of them and feeling good about it at the select screen.
Blue Beetle is my main! I love the character! Then again I'm a huge DC fan and i love all the characters we've gotten so far!

Reactions: GAV

Gamer68

Fujin!

We're good
This is actually not true. Here's a news timeline: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/archive.cds

June 2014: MKX is revealed
July 2014: Raiden revealed.
August 2014: Kano revealed.
September 2014: Nothing, besides maybe some new screenshots.
October 2014: Quan Chi revealed.
November 2014: Nothing new revealed, but the first Kombat Kast happened.
December 2014: Nothing officially confirmed, but Kung Lao leaked. New character dialogues (like Scorpion vs. Quan Chi) were also released.
January 2015: Kung Lao confirmed, Kitana/Lao trailer released, Reptile revealed, and MKX comic started to release.
February 2015: Ermac revealed, Story trailer released (which obviously revealed a LOT of characters)
March 2015: LOTS of new stuff. Like 3 new trailers, a mobile game confirmation, streams confirming playable characters, DLC (Kombat Pack) revealed, and so on.
April 2015: The game released.

Keep in-mind that Ed was also teasing heavily for future MKX reveals in September with the boot thing. He also teased a lot of other stuff including that motion cap pick of Kenshi. While September, November, and December were slow in reveals they still had a lot of communication. The whole tease thing like I already said, but remember that they were also starting up Kombat Kast, doing interviews, and other stuff like that. Heck, I remember Adam Orbano (or whatever his name is) slipping the fact that Johnny Cage was playable.

Injustice 2's last reveal (Harley/Deadshot trailer) was back in August. No reveals in September, October, November or December. We did just get a Supergirl breakdown showcasing her redesign, but that's not a new reveal (character, stage, mode, etc). There has been very little to no teasing as well. Also barely any communication, no Injustice 2 interviews, livesteams -- nothing. Obviously no leaks or anything. No magazine reveals/leaks either. With MKX there was the Kung Lao magazine leak/confirmation, with Injustice there was Bane (and Raven I think), and MK9 I'm pretty sure there was Ermac and Jade.

One last thing: the Supergirl breakdown came out of no where and was barely talked about. There was no tease or heads-up, it just kinda dropped and Ed tweeted it out. There was no follow-up info on the trailer, they didn't even talk about Supergirl's redesign or anything. They posted it and then went back to being silent.

So things have definitely been happening differently with Injustice 2. There's been far more silence compared to MKX. BUT! With that being said, yeah, I'm sure a lot of reveals will start getting pumped out starting this month. There's the possibility that it's getting delayed but I don't think that's happening, and I do agree that the voice actor strike probably has no effect on Injustice 2 -- all of that stuff has already been recorded. Still, I just wanted to post the differences between MKX's and Injustice 2's "news timeline" so far.

Pig Of The Hut

This is actually not true. Here's a news timeline: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/archive.cds

June 2014: MKX is revealed
July 2014: Raiden revealed.
August 2014: Kano revealed.
September 2014: Nothing, besides maybe some new screenshots.
October 2014: Quan Chi revealed.
November 2014: Nothing new revealed, but the first Kombat Kast happened.
December 2014: Nothing officially confirmed, but Kung Lao leaked. New character dialogues (like Scorpion vs. Quan Chi) were also released.
January 2015: Kung Lao confirmed, Kitana/Lao trailer released, Reptile revealed, and MKX comic started to release.
February 2015: Ermac revealed, Story trailer released (which obviously revealed a LOT of characters)
March 2015: LOTS of new stuff. Like 3 new trailers, a mobile game confirmation, streams confirming playable characters, DLC (Kombat Pack) revealed, and so on.
April 2015: The game released.

Keep in-mind that Ed was also teasing heavily for future MKX reveals in September with the boot thing. He also teased a lot of other stuff including that motion cap pick of Kenshi. While September, November, and December were slow in reveals they still had a lot of communication. The whole tease thing like I already said, but remember that they were also starting up Kombat Kast, doing interviews, and other stuff like that. Heck, I remember Adam Orbano (or whatever his name is) slipping the fact that Johnny Cage was playable.

Injustice 2's last reveal (Harley/Deadshot trailer) was back in August. No reveals in September, October, November or December. We did just get a Supergirl breakdown showcasing her redesign, but that's not a new reveal (character, stage, mode, etc). There has been very little to no teasing as well. Also barely any communication, no Injustice 2 interviews, livesteams -- nothing. Obviously no leaks or anything. No magazine reveals/leaks either. With MKX there was the Kung Lao magazine leak/confirmation, with Injustice there was Bane (and Raven I think), and MK9 I'm pretty sure there was Ermac and Jade.

One last thing: the Supergirl breakdown came out of no where and was barely talked about. There was no tease or heads-up, it just kinda dropped and Ed tweeted it out. There was no follow-up info on the trailer, they didn't even talk about Supergirl's redesign or anything. They posted it and then went back to being silent.

So things have definitely been happening differently with Injustice 2. There's been far more silence compared to MKX. BUT! With that being said, yeah, I'm sure a lot of reveals will start getting pumped out starting this month. There's the possibility that it's getting delayed but I don't think that's happening, and I do agree that the voice actor strike probably has no effect on Injustice 2 -- all of that stuff has already been recorded. Still, I just wanted to post the differences between MKX's and Injustice 2's "news timeline" so far.
Your timeline matches mine

News is bleak between Aug and jan every game

Just stop

U guys are trying to create this bs paranoia

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
...but the game is clearly finished. They're just holding out until they have cleaned up the character models. They're not going to make the same mistake KOF made. First impressions are lasting.