What's new

Injustice 2 Character requests

Lets really talk about them. I get that people read a comic and get into certain characters....and that excitement leads to requests and conjecture. But lets REALLY talk about it. I read so many posts about possible selections, and some of the posts are fun and others are serious business. All the big timers need to have a villain present in game. Some of them have very obscure villains that wont see the light of day. Here's a list of Heroes vs. Villains that are largely involved with each other in almost every comic book.

Aquman/ Black Manta
Flash/ Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd
Shazam/ Black Adam
Green Lantern/ Sinestro, Atrocitus
Green Arrow/ Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy
Wonder Woman/ Cheetah, Circe, Ares
Superman,Supergirl/ Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac
Batman,,Batgirl, Robin/ Joker, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Bane, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze
Blue Beetle/ ?
Dr. Fate/ ?
Cyborg/?

Now people are clamoring hard for Swamp Thing and Scarecrow and those make a lot of sense. However, after passively reading DC comics MAJOR EVENTS over the last few years.... how do some of these request posts make any sense? If the above characters dont get game time, then how would some unknown bush leaguers make it in before them?

It made no sense that Aquaman didnt have Black Manta last game, and Flash didnt have Captain Cold. I will let the DC experts ring in here, but ask yourself this. If the full traditional Justice League vs the full traditional Legion of Doom doesnt make it in the game....then why would any other character. Discuss.

omooba

fear the moobs
If the full traditional Justice League vs the full traditional Legion of Doom doesnt make it in the game....then why would any other character. Discuss.
because the full traditional justice league/legion of doom don't necessarily fit into the story. and a lot of em dead
but hey the more the merrier

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Because fighting games are about which characters would make a cool and interesting play style, as much as they're about popular characters punching each other.

And as long as it has Superman and Batman punching each other, the casual crowd doesn't really care about the rest.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
The entire structure of what the justice league and legion of doom are is completely thrown out the window with the Injustice story line. We have different factions and characters with higher/lower amounts of importance than they usually do in story lines. We can't be basing what we get out of the roster on "Justice League/Legion of Doom" or "Good guy has to have his villain" that way of thinking is absurdly linear and not only makes for a boring roster but a boring story in general.

At this point in the game's early information state, there has been no mention of Sinestro yet. But i've seen people mention that they want Static Shock in the game. Please tell someone like me in my absurd/linear way of thinking, on how Green Lantern/Red Lantern (Atrocitus) would be in this game with out Sinestro? Where does Static Shock come into play from a storyline angle or a gameplay angle? And no, not every hero needs to have a villain antagonist. Point in case.... Swamp Thing.

If we're talking gameplay angles that match MKX, Ra's Al Ghul would be a huge player in the game. Give him Unstoppable Jason like specials and traits and then you have a pretty good match. But everyone would freak out cuz he's a Batman villain. I'm just saying, before you get heavy into Batman/Superman extras they need to take care of the other roster spots.