What's new

Info liason on Reptile BNB damage nerf

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Don't stress about it is the best advice I can give. We still have the best, and most balanced new fighter there is.
It's in my fighter hall of fame.

MK9, GGAC, SF2HDR, MvC2, SC2, and a certain other fighter I got famous from.

I think you asked about Kabal's F3,2 string in another thread, and the reason that combos into specials is because it knocks the opponent off of the ground.

Complete strings combo into specials if the opponent is not on the ground.
So F3,2 will still combo into shadow kick for Cage if it's AA F3, 2

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Don't stress about it is the best advice I can give. We still have the best, and most balanced new fighter there is.
It's in my fighter hall of fame.

MK9, GGAC, SF2HDR, MvC2, SC2, and a certain other fighter I got famous from.

I think you asked about Kabal's F3,2 string in another thread, and the reason that combos into specials is because it knocks the opponent off of the ground.

Complete strings combo into specials if the opponent is not on the ground.
So F3,2 will still combo into shadow kick for Cage if it's AA F3, 2
Yeah I realized that about Kabal, makes sense.

Anyway yes this game is getting pretty balanced, but its balanced because so many characters have lost so many things now that they're all starting to feel kinda samey. Thats not a good thing.

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
Is that not some over reaction I sense?
I don't notice much of anything being retarded.

I'd like some examples please.
Cage's F3, 2 string being special combo'able breaks the games rules - complete strings are not supposed to be cancellable.

In fact, when I was doing F3, 2, nut punch, I decided one day that I was going to figure out what move came after the 2 to finish the string.
After a few guesses, I said screw it, checked the move list, and was surprised to find that F3, 2 is the entire string. I didn't understand why it was special cancelled then, and I understand why they're changing it now. It's a bug fix more than a balance change.

So with all due respect, what are the retarded changes now?
I honestly don't give a shit if it breaks the games 'Rules' or not. You don't leave it in the game for 6 fucking months before patching it if its a "bug."

Also, 2 hits isn't a full combo, I don't care what anybody says. That is NOT a full string just like Rain's 1,1 and Ermacs 2,2, its 2 hits and that is not a full combo string and SHOULD be special cancelable because it isn't hurting anybody and it isn't fucking breaking the game. All it's doing is further limiting the characters already few options.

/rant

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I honestly don't give a shit if it breaks the games 'Rules' or not. You don't leave it in the game for 6 fucking months before patching it if its a "bug."

Also, 2 hits isn't a full combo, I don't care what anybody says. That is NOT a full string just like Rain's 1,1 and Ermacs 2,2, its 2 hits and that is not a full combo string and SHOULD be special cancelable because it isn't hurting anybody and it isn't fucking breaking the game. All it's doing is further limiting the characters already few options.

/rant
It is a full string so it technically shouldnt be allowed to happen. I agree that its bullshit but if they remove it its really not too big of a deal to cage.

retic

Noob
Ain't none. You guys should have paid closer attention to Reptile's combos.
The 26% damage combo done was not the BNB combo, and no one wanted to check for themselves.
No damage nerf. GG peace out.

So I've been voted the guy who has to tell you Reptile gun jumpers since I broke the silent streak on the Cage F3,2 no longer cancels into specials news.
YAAAAAAAAY! :)