What's new

Info about the mysterious online gameplay in the coming month(s); players will be in groups

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
In a recent interview, Ed Boon talked about the new online gameplay. He said we'll get to know what it is next month, and he said everybody will be into different groups... could groups mean parred off in to different "Realms"? They're going to be competing and it'll be a great persistent on-going online gameplay. Whatever it is.... sounds like it could this be similar to clan wars, maybe?

In addition to this, as far as "offspring" characters go Cassie won't be the last. We're going to get son(s) niece(s) and nephew(s).

Online challenges will be "everyday and every hour" (similar to Injustice?)... listen to it all in the interview below!

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Probably something like an overreaching metagame.

Where when you go online you have to pick a side, like Earthrealm, Order, Chaos, Outworld, and your individual points go towards your group.

I wonder if there will be any actual rewards, or just for fun.

Well we will see soon.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy

Where when you go online you have to pick a side, like Earthrealm, Order, Chaos, Outworld, and your individual points go towards your group.

Well we will see soon.
that sounds like it could be fun. maybe it depends on which character you pick or maybe it's something where if you lose to someone cheap then another person on your 'team' can beat them. it also sounds like a nice replacement for the levels in injustice that become useless and practically impossible to achieve after a certain number.

I love that brazilians just straightup ask him about the netcode and tell ed that the netcode from mk9 was shit, other interviewers from states/europe they seemed afraid to bring that subject up, they would just ask how the online is going to be, and do as if the mk9 netcode wasn't that big of a deal. Props to the Brazilian MK community.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

Well we will see soon.
I am soooo going to ruin my group's score with my scrubby gameplay lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
As if it wasn't awkward enough answering the same questions about 25 year stories and fatality meetings and who is your favorite character in your native language.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I actually don't know how I feel about having more than just a couple of relatives join the roster. It just reminds me of how I felt about Soul Calibur 5 and their random ancestry characters.

I just hope they don't put in relatives for the specific reason to replace old characters' movesets. I understand its 25 years in the future and I'm all about new characters, but come on.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
I actually don't know how I feel about having more than just a couple of relatives join the roster. It just reminds me of how I felt about Soul Calibur 5 and their random ancestry characters.

I just hope they don't put in relatives for the specific reason to replace old characters' movesets. I understand its 25 years in the future and I'm all about new characters, but come on.
well the idea of 25 years in the future can't be shown unless you show how the old characters are aging and you know the whole cast is immortal lol kitana would look just as young as she was in mk9 :p so yeah I guess if we get 4 relatives that would be fair enough

trufenix

bye felicia

I feel you're going to be disappointed then, everything they've said since day one is that this game is all about that next gen graphics, gameplay, and characters mantra that seems to come up in every interview. Don't lose heart though, SC5 and (the first) SF3 are shitty examples, but there've been just as many successful fast forward games like Garou and Tekken 3.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wouldn't worry that much, MK's story is far better and deeper than SC's plus now with the comic coming there will be room to explore and such on that medium besides what we learn in the game's storymode.

well the idea of 25 years in the future can't be shown unless you show how the old characters are aging and you know the whole cast is immortal lol kitana would look just as young as she was in mk9 :p so yeah I guess if we get 4 relatives that would be fair enough
This and I think the whole thing with the comic will flesh out more info and characters, that's a medium unlike the game where they have all the time in the world to explore, tell.

Plus I feel we can see future characters of similar past favs such as Smoke that doesn't have to be a relative, they can write something like when Thomas Verberda/Smoke died, the Smoke demon moved on to another host hence you have a new Smoke. That concept would be very different than a distant relative or someone's daughter, offspring.

The new online everyone being involved thing sounds awesome. Probably repping a realm and would be a team that way, which is cool.

Hopefully have an online tourney mode too among spectating mode, online training like injustice and standard KOTH, player rank, rank etc

Last edited:
that sounds like it could be fun. maybe it depends on which character you pick or maybe it's something where if you lose to someone cheap then another person on your 'team' can beat them. it also sounds like a nice replacement for the levels in injustice that become useless and practically impossible to achieve after a certain number.
I made level 100 in no time, wasnt that hard to get. If you play king of the hill and win 50 matches in a row, you will get x10 exp, go to the world with the 2 gigants fighting, use dumbsday and interact with the far right object for 3 to 5 hours straight, then do it like 3 times and you should be done.