What's new

INFINITE LIGHT

INFINITE LIGHT

Ever New Joy
I'm Jimmy Ellis.

use to go by the name JustOwnin from tekken tag all the way til the end of doa4.

Now my name is INFINITE LIGHT.

The reason I play fighting games is to enjoy myself and be myself. It is to practice staying in the now while staying a in a challenging situation. When i donot forfill the games winning condition and yet i still smile and think about how i have gained so much then my true goal has been obtained.

When i fight and there is no worry, no doubt, no fear, no labels, no judgements, and no past effecting the now type thinking then i have succeeded.

I play for the how, I play for the fight.

For ryu fighting is not a weapon, it is an expression. that is why one of his win quotes says

"I donot seek the power to destroy. I seek the power to win."

For me I will say

I donot seek the what. I seek the now. I seek to perfect the how at all costs. To me that is more important than the what shall ever be.

1truking

Apprentice
Welcome to TYM. I vaguely remember your name from TTT days. Did you play pre or post nationals? The scene changes quite a bit post nats.

INFINITE LIGHT

Ever New Joy
Welcome to TYM. I vaguely remember your name from TTT days. Did you play pre or post nationals? The scene changes quite a bit post nats.
pre nationals.

I'm 23 so back then i was a kid. had big fish small pond syndrom (which with online play is not as common as it was back then) but i went to friar tucks arcade and met trey phoenix (third at evo for t4). he cured that and drove me to orland park every friday to play all the high levels in illinois. jmn chane, some times lil jin boy, eldarion, and so on and so on.

ever since then been playing fighting games competitively. first offline tourny i went to that was out of state was for dead or alive though.