What's new

Tech Increasing Walk Speed by Stutter Stepping and thoughts on player 2 side

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
As all of you may be aware, catwoman has some pretty slow walk speed. Floating flying characters like Superman and Black Adam walk faster backward than catwoman does forward. When trying to close the gap between your opponent you have the option of Naked dashes and jump ins but these get punished. The most irritating situations occur up close where your limited walk speed hinders your footsie game. This is most likely not new, but if you stutter step, you dramatically increase your walk speed and my be helpful in closing the gap. Stutter stepping is when you input walk forward repeatedly, but do it slow enough where you don't get a dash. Have any of you been using this? Do you find it useful?

Also what are your thoughts about starting all your games on the player 2 side. I noticed against power characters that have advancing strings (superman), you will get pushed into the corner pretty quickly. This isn't a bad thing though cause if you find an opportunity to punish via a strategic d1 in string gap or a b3 you can put them in corner and be an ideal situation. Thing is some stages have intractables on player 1 side ( wayne manor car, metropolis street car, etc) that can be armored to punish you or at least get out jail. To avoid this I think its advantageous to be on the p2 side. Its just a thought but what do you guys think?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
As all of you may be aware, catwoman has some pretty slow walk speed. Floating flying characters like Superman and Black Adam walk faster backward than catwoman does forward. When trying to close the gap between your opponent you have the option of Naked dashes and jump ins but these get punished. The most irritating situations occur up close where your limited walk speed hinders your footsie game. This is most likely not new, but if you stutter step, you dramatically increase your walk speed and my be helpful in closing the gap. Stutter stepping is when you input walk forward repeatedly, but do it slow enough where you don't get a dash. Have any of you been using this? Do you find it useful?

Also what are your thoughts about starting all your games on the player 2 side. I noticed against power characters that have advancing strings (superman), you will get pushed into the corner pretty quickly. This isn't a bad thing though cause if you find an opportunity to punish via a strategic d1 in string gap or a b3 you can put them in corner and be an ideal situation. Thing is some stages have intractables on player 1 side ( wayne manor car, metropolis street car, etc) that can be armored to punish you or at least get out jail. To avoid this I think its advantageous to be on the p2 side. Its just a thought but what do you guys think?
You can also push superman in the corner with a B2,3