What's new

In your opinion, which nerf would hurt Reptile more?

What nerf would hurt him more?

• Elbow Dash startup is 9 frames

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • A blocked Elbow Dash is -20

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Nothing's wrong with his dash being i0,5 retarded. It's the recovery that's idiotic. Same with Mileena's shit.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If the properties of dash for what it is were nerfed, it'd be to add more cooldown, keep in mind he still has retarded walkspeed, so I'd say being -20 on block would be a bigger nerf.

Still, neither of these of necessary, people need to stop thinking they're entitled to a full combo punish for blocking an 11% techable knockdown. Only reason it's -15 is so that you at least can adequately react to it without it being mashed out again and keep yourself at advantage applying subsequent pressure.

If you CAN full combo punish it 10 for 10, then sure, why not, but players get too greedy and that will blow you up faster than anything.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lolwut? ur fuggin crazy inflames lol, no one should ever have the ablility to do a basic combo nerfed...he's perfectly fine the way he is....

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i think it would be interesting if he could hit you in mid air with his dash....tho it would make it even harder to jump in on reptile than it already is with his exfb's.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wouldn't the first option make his BnB a lot harder? If so then that's my choice.
No, his recovery would still be the same. All the first option changes is how quickly elbow dash makes contact when directly making collision with the opponent. In which case, it would take 3 frames more.

InFlames

dead
No, his recovery would still be the same. All the first option changes is how quickly elbow dash makes contact when directly making collision with the opponent. In which case, it would take 3 frames more.
Aight. I got you. Either way I find Reptile balanced. Punishing the dash may be tough but it's not impossible.

Flagg

Noob
I voted -20 so that more characters could consistently punish i. e. Baraka, Jade, Sindel, Mileena, Kitana and Skarlet benefits too, CSZ, Stryker, and Quan Chi.
CSZ can punish it with 11 ice ball, but you have to have lightening reactions. Pretty sure only his standing 1 punishes a blocked elbow.

Espio

Kokomo
5 frames is a big deal.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Characters like Stryker and Jade could get a 34-35% combo instead of teen digit damage.

It would be a pretty big deal for characters like them, but it would really only impact the characters who couldn't have punished hard already ...because characters like Sonya, Cage, Liu Kang, Kabal, Skarlet etc already have a launching punish that's fast enough, it would only make those with slow combo launchers have a better chance against Reptile.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Dear God I jizzed just at the thought of either of those.
However the answer is armor of course. Man that move would be hella broken with armor, and Reptile would be the ultimate Cage counterpick, for serial.
That armor would be on the level on Skarlet's ex dash plus all his other tools.
But if elbow dash hits AA that would mean nobody can jump at him from like closer than half screen. Its a tough call for me