What's new

Video/Tutorial In depth bane video guide by KingBlackToof

This is a very good guide with a few failings:

It downplays double punch and f2d with venom lvl 3. These are primary tools in Bane's can opener and should not be ignored. BlackToof basically calls Double Punch out as "rubbish" and moves on, but they are very important in conditioning your opponent. And since he's including some risky resets in the guide, Double Punch deserves respect as it is a trade for less damage now = more damage later. A couple Double Punches in the first round can condition your opponents to eat a full combo in the second round.
It does not focus enough on the wakeup game. This is where Bane is very strong against the majority of the cast. This guide's primary take on the wake-up game is primarily "Keep using body press until they start jumping, then do venom uppercut" but that's a really bad simplification of what should be done. Now I'm not saying that another hour should be added to this guide with wake-up tech and strategies but at the same time I think that it should stress that Bane's wakeup game is VERY important and that fact needs to be mentioned in passing.

Other than that, great guide, good tech, solid, and a very professional voice from the announcer. Looking forward to seeing what else he does.

KingKuma

Noob
Great guide! Thanks for taking the time to make this. Do you think the grab invincibility on B3/F3 was intended? I really hate it when that happens and it just seems stupid.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
KingBlackToof is one of the few people that actually takes the time to play a character for a very long time before making a guide.
He is working with grundy and joker. The grundy guide was suppose to come out before bane's , but is taking a lot longer.
Am just waiting for the grundy guide l0l

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
"MB Double punch is terrible" had to stop watching there.

Good guide for base understanding of Bane, but he misses out a lot of vital information on key factors to Bane's high level game.

The reason command grab and super whiff on certain moves is because some attacks have Grab immune frames, and environment interactions are all throw immune, this is never a problem though as you should NEVER punish anything with a raw super anyway, it's a complete waste of meter and damage.

Happy to see more Bane content regardless.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Not bad, but there is much more to him than whats in the video. I agree with Mustard that it's a great Base. I think it will help new players, but not much beyond that. Cross up section is decent, but some of them can be beat by simply tech rolling.

-Should have shown the F2D more, great move when chained to specials and has above average damage on venom.
-I'm with the other Bane's here that it was ridiculous that he claims the Double punch is "rubish." Watch Grr DP his way to victory!, rubbish my ass. He also failed to mention how it, as well as the previously mentioned F2D both catch jumps as well.
-He's incorrect on B21, it is indeed an untechable knockdown.
-Ring toss advantage is not the best which is true but off of F/B3 combo's it scales less than cmd grab and gives more damage on venom unless you MB the grab and even then it's only a couple percent. It can also catch obvious cross ups by reversing inputs.
-Venom uppercut is a great combo ender, has the most hit advantage, but is tech rollable. Highly recommend MB in the corner.
-I know Chief713 will be disapointed there where no bounce cancel combos.

I think it's crazy that he said he never uses super. Yeah there aren't too many set ups but comboing into it for more than half their life is too good to just disreguard if you have it.

Doombawkz even though you're probobly typing out a disertation right now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The only rubbish here is its a wasted hour of content. The guide is very shallow and narrow-minded in nature.
Some of the content is impractical, and it dismisses vital tools without proper analysis.

All in all, I cannot say I approve of this guide, nor would I openly recommend it to anyone of any skill level.
This is not a "guide", this is an opinionated write-off. We have more than enough of those as it is, no need for any more.
How do you say, A for effort but next time... should probably gather more opinions from players who actually know what they are talking about before finalizing the draft. I do it with every single tech and trick I find, there's no reason to not do the same with something as extensive and important as a guide. Newer members watch and read this content, it pains me to think this is the example they are forced to endure.

I can't even say I appreciate the time and effort, as rare as it is for me to say so. I'm usually all about people posting content and information for others to enjoy, but this is of unacceptable quality. Hopefully the next guide is better prepared, if one ever exists. We have a lot of good information and players here, so there should be no excuse or reason for this guide to be as it is.

Sorry for being harsh, but I tend to favour honesty.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I saw this guide. It's actually not very informative beyond showing what Bane can sort of do at a low level.

I do not recommend linking it around to show people how to learn and approach Bane.

Hey folks,
First off, this is my first posting on this site, didn't realise it existed ha! So it's nice to meet you all.
Secondly, It's nice to see some of you enjoy the Guide.
At the same time it's nice to see some honest opinions about it. Especially from Bane connoisseurs.
@Doombawks - You are correct the Double Punch was quite opinionated in the guide, quite a few of you have mentioned my inability to see it's worth over the low dmg.

Again, I apologise for the quality.
Now I've found this source of decent ideas & conversation. I'll get to re-iterating the guide to a better standard for you folks.
Putting more focus on Double Punch strategies, F2D and Wakeup idea.
Also fix some errors in speech such as B21 being techable when it's not - I know it's not.
Cheers for the feedback.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
So is there any good video guides out theres besides this one? I'm trying to learn bane and I find video guides more helpful than text.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I wanted to make one but I'm caught up with work at the moment and just not that motivated anymore lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2