What's new

Tech - Grandmaster In depth 12~Clone & F33~EX Clone vs Alien

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's sick. I really didn't like B2 getting punished all the time, this makes it seem a lot less challanging.
@Tom Brady - do you know the advantage on 12 xx EX Klone?

Goat-City

Banned
I did the jump test and it looks like it's neutral.
I'm not sure what that test is but I just did a different test and it has to be -2 actually. I set Scorpion to reversal EX takedown which is 11 frames, and I was able to barely frame perfect trade with d3 and d4 which are both 9 frames, so definitely -2.

I'm not sure what that test is but I just did a different test and it has to be -2 actually. I set Scorpion to reversal EX takedown which is 11 frames, and I was able to barely frame perfect trade with d3 and d4 which are both 9 frames, so definitely -2.
As a reversal you cheat 1 frame by coming out of block 1 frame early. This would mean 12~ex clone is -1 rather than -2.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
One thing I'd test is block breaking the Klone at that distance. I remember doing Klone as close as possible after F12 and then doing D3 pokes while they auto blocked. It would block break the Klone randomly because of the 3 block animations. Can't remember which ones broke it but there are 3, left arm, right arm, both arms. So Alien gets frozen when ducking after block 12xxKlone. See if he block breaks Klone if he blocks as he ducks and other similar scenarios.

Also these random inconsistent Klone cancels are due to the random block animations used. Look closely in slow mo which arms Alien uses to block and you'll see. Anytime Alien used both arms whether on the 1st hit or 2nd the Klone didn't come out. But whenever it used only 1 arm for both hits it was fine. Sadly there is nothing we can do about this.

Last edited:
One thing I'd test is block breaking the Klone at that distance. I remember doing Klone as close as possible after F12 and then doing D3 pokes while they auto blocked. It would block break the Klone randomly because of the 3 block animations. Can't remember which ones broke it but there are 3, left arm, right arm, both arms. So Alien gets frozen when ducking after block 12xxKlone. See if he block breaks Klone if he blocks as he ducks and other similar scenarios.

Also these random inconsistent Klone cancels are due to the random block animations used. Look closely in slow mo which arms Alien uses to block and you'll see. Anytime Alien used both arms whether on the 1st hit or 2nd the Klone didn't come out. But whenever it used only 1 arm for both hits it was fine. Sadly there is nothing we can do about this.
Block break doesnt work. Alien has fat collision is come places but thin collision in others which is why he cant block break off that set up.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
This thread needs to be removed. The vids will stay up but I gave my word that I would not start nor be involved in any discussion on the game as it is not wanted and is clearly a focus of being a cancer to us all here. Vids like this are just complaining rather than leveling up. Remove the thread..
but where is the comments?

Tweedy

Noob
B4 is -15 and punished with F4~Ice Ball from that range.
I know I was just posting because I didn't see you mention it, when you pointed out that Alien cannot duck or F4 after 12 xx klone in the corner. He can B4 and punish. I should have clarified since you touched on multiple things, sorry.