What's new

Tech - Sorcerer Improved Sorcerer Chip Setups

Arzumis

Noob
One of the many great things about sorcerer Quan Chi is his ability to do massive amounts of chip for 2 bars of meter thanks to his chip portal setups after an EX trance. The traditional chip setup would be to combo into EX trance, summon chip spell, do a s4 which is plus 19 on hit then f212 into EX skull which is plus 16 on block then run s14 into close rune. this amounts to usually a 30%+combo plus 23.15% chip damage
Example:

this setup on paper seems solid. however, it is not.

When your opponent crouch blocks the EX skull, run st1 will not jail. A-list Johnny Cage is another character where s114 skrc st1 will not connect if the opponent crouch blocks the last hit of 114. I am sure there are others but these two are the ones I know of. in this video you can see that I crouch block the second EX skull which allows to d1, even slower pokes like Quan Chi's 9 frame d3 work so everyone can most likely poke out.
Example:

this discovery lead me to try to find a better chip setup.

I have found two alternative solutions:

1. After some lab time, i found that b1 is guaranteed after a crouched EX Skull. the timing is a bit weird for me but with practice it is do-able. The setup is the same but you will do 20.55% chip instead of 23.15%.
Example:

2. this setup uses two bars of meter. instead of dealing with the iffy followups after EX skull we can use an EX rune to extend the damage of the initial setup into the high thirties and low forties and still combo into EX trance and summon chip spell and s4 into meterless chip. f212 rune does 12% chip. this still leads to around 50-52 % damage.
Example:

I find myself switching between the two methods evenly. the first one deals more damage than the second but the second one is way easier to do. Hopefully this helps all remaining sorcerer players out there.

@PND_Ketchup
@STB Shujinkydink
@The_Tile
@All other Quan players

Arzumis

Noob
After the EX skull, you can also go for b12 rune for even more chip than 14 rune but there is a gap between the 2 in b12 And rune but when doing this setup for the kill the rune will hit before the armored move so it will do even more damage and be more likely to kill