What's new

General/Other - Mileena Imo nothing is more annoying than jumps

Should Neutral jump-up special attacks be more unsafe with a bigger recovery?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Can you explain that about ethereal?
When you see your opponent jump in at your or cross you up, you can use ex fade to make that jump attack whiff, and trip guard them with roll, or use something like 21 or b22 and hit confirm those if you are unsure that you'll be able to roll them before they hit the ground, I find I only need to use this against kj's ji1. But some thinks like sonyas dive kick will act as if you blocked it and you can whiff punish.

Wolverine32

unless i'm missing something you can't anti air sub zero if you jump in during ice clone set up
You absolutely can AA Sub with the clone up, no matter what, jumping exposes everyone to the risk of being AA'd or trip guarded. You just have to be smart about what you do, if subs constantly doing a jump in from behind the clone, you can meet him in the air and njp, her nip is a great way to shut down jump ins from a longer range, also, if timed right, you can roll. It will hit and the clone will disappear.

omooba

fear the moobs
You absolutely can AA Sub with the clone up, no matter what, jumping exposes everyone to the risk of being AA'd or trip guarded. You just have to be smart about what you do, if subs constantly doing a jump in from behind the clone, you can meet him in the air and njp, her nip is a great way to shut down jump ins from a longer range, also, if timed right, you can roll. It will hit and the clone will disappear.
at that point we're talking about a read not reaction and i believe all the options mention by RyRy were all reaction options B1, D1, Roll all get beat my clone. if you're talking njp we're leaving mileena territory and going to every character in the game and yes every character can anti air on a read which if you guess wrong and njp against sub-zero it's like over 40%. so yeah clone up changes things a lot. it takes it from safe anti airs on reaction to unsafe anti airs on a read

TKB

Noob
His j2 has long active frames, thats about its only good quality, it has really really shitty range. His j1 doesnt even link into half his normals and has no range.

His j2 is great at doing meaty knockdown jumpins etc and is just more unusual than anything.
? BRC has some of the best jump in attacks in the game IMO. His j1 is hard to anti air, and so is his j2. His j2 is super plus on hit.

I agree his anti airs are kinda weak though. I usually just go for d2 if people jump, in the corner you can atleast get a full combo.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
When you see your opponent jump in at your or cross you up, you can use ex fade to make that jump attack whiff, and trip guard them with roll, or use something like 21 or b22 and hit confirm those if you are unsure that you'll be able to roll them before they hit the ground, I find I only need to use this against kj's ji1. But some thinks like sonyas dive kick will act as if you blocked it and you can whiff punish.
It also counters JIK's because they get stuck in the air for a second. I learned that from experience:( Doesn't ex fade prevent her from getting inputs reversed also?

Wigy

There it is...
? BRC has some of the best jump in attacks in the game IMO. His j1 is hard to anti air, and so is his j2. His j2 is super plus on hit.

I agree his anti airs are kinda weak though. I usually just go for d2 if people jump, in the corner you can atleast get a full combo.
J2 can be great in certain situations but as a 'get in' it is not good which is what his entire gameplan is.

Wolverine32

at that point we're talking about a read not reaction and i believe all the options mention by RyRy were all reaction options B1, D1, Roll all get beat my clone. if you're talking njp we're leaving mileena territory and going to every character in the game and yes every character can anti air on a read which if you guess wrong and njp against sub-zero it's like over 40%. so yeah clone up changes things a lot. it takes it from safe anti airs on reaction to unsafe anti airs on a read
I've used AA roll against sub with the clone up... it's up to you to make it hit him out of the air. If you're letting sub jump all over you with the clone, you're playing the MU wrong. From full screen sai won't trade with ice ball. He can't just set up clones in the neutral for free against mileena. You can react to a jump with njp from mileena, it's 6 frames, the second fastest njp in the game. If you're referring to all of this happening in the corner, then of course you'll have piss poor options, you're in the corner against GM Sub. That's his whole game plan, but mileena is one of the hardest characters for sub to actually get to the corner. If you do something and run into clone, that's on you, not the clone, that's like saying I drove into a wall because someone put a wall there. No, you drove into the wall.

omooba

fear the moobs
I've used AA roll against sub with the clone up... it's up to you to make it hit him out of the air. If you're letting sub jump all over you with the clone, you're playing the MU wrong. From full screen sai won't trade with ice ball. He can't just set up clones in the neutral for free against mileena. You can react to a jump with njp from mileena, it's 6 frames, the second fastest njp in the game. If you're referring to all of this happening in the corner, then of course you'll have piss poor options, you're in the corner against GM Sub. That's his whole game plan, but mileena is one of the hardest characters for sub to actually get to the corner. If you do something and run into clone, that's on you, not the clone, that's like saying I drove into a wall because someone put a wall there. No, you drove into the wall.
in a scenario where sub calls a clone midscreen while mileena is trying to walk in an play footsies but she reacts to the clone and stops her self right in front of the clone i don't understand how you're using ball roll or anything to anti air subzero and if you can in this scenario then you can also do the same in the corner

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Its good purely hitting people out the sky but you get nothing much from it and its death on whiff.

There is much better antiairs

You're right hes fine on crossups but jumping around away from you etc he suck the big dick. If someone jumps back on wakeup, f1 doesnt connect properly and the rest of his moves are slow as balls so whiff or dont connect properly.
If you're consistent enough with it, you can special cancel a MB fart after the 4 hits for a full combo.

Wolverine32

in a scenario where sub calls a clone midscreen while mileena is trying to walk in an play footsies but she reacts to the clone and stops her self right in front of the clone i don't understand how you're using ball roll or anything to anti air subzero and if you can in this scenario then you can also do the same in the corner
Well I'm not walking towards the fucking ice clone..? Why would you do that? If you're going to sub and not making him come to you as mileena, it's obviously going to help him. But if you were to stop right in front of clone then yeah, rolling into ice clone is a bad idea lol but if I'm not in the corner, I'm doing everything in my power to get away from the clone.

omooba

fear the moobs
Well I'm not walking towards the fucking ice clone..? Why would you do that? If you're going to sub and not making him come to you as mileena, it's obviously going to help him. But if you were to stop right in front of clone then yeah, rolling into ice clone is a bad idea lol but if I'm not in the corner, I'm doing everything in my power to get away from the clone.
Don't understand the mentality of just straight keep away. Like yes break the ice clone and yeah try to zone him out but at a certain range if you keep trying to run away from footsies you're just gonna get backed into the corner especially cus of how good slide is for getting in

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
A Mileena player complaining about jumps is like a Smoke player complaining about zoning or a GM SZ player complaining about Rushdown
What if i wasn't mileena? explain that. Even tho everybody for sure has anti air besides the D2. Because for sure you're thinking of the ball roll because that's what pretty much makes her a great anti air if i am using ethereal. i ain't speaking of half screen jump and ball under him. No, i am talking about cross ups and really up close to you. Yes i do know ball roll can be confirmed easily for anti-cross up but the problem is....i am not expecting it.

The second i block his whole combo, i start my offense, i am not waiting for him to jump over because if i do i am giving him a free extra offense so the second i start my offense, he jumps like he have invincibility frames and i whiff and get punish not having time to anti air if i whiff. THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

This video shows you how much i whiffed when starting my offense. I don't know what to do but stand and wait for him to jump. Sorry for the annoying beep sound.

I DID ANTI AIR FEW TIMES.