What's new

I'm Probably Done Playing MKX!!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
No, its not what you think. I friggin' love this game to death. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be me for much longer and as a result, I'm probably going to be done. See, I'm not dying or anything, but it is medical. I recently found out that I have an adrenal tumor. I'm in the small percentage of people with adrenal tumors that are pheochromocytomas. Basically, its pumping out fight-or-flight hormones at an ungodly rate. They know I've had it since birth, everything I've ever experienced has been through paranoia goggles.

I bring this up here because living through life filtered by this paranoia has caused me to become somewhat of a recluse socially. I thought it was what everyone dealt with and I was a piece of shit for not being able to handle it. This kind of thing has a record of making people super smart and I've always been called so, but it has also caused type-1 diabetes (3 shots/day) for a decade now.

So video games - they were my social life. They fixed the paranoia and I really needed them. I'm going to have this thing removed and after that, I'm going to be a completely different person. Google pheochromocytoma removal and look at the stories. Everybody I've ever known well has hated the fact that I'm an uncontrollably fidgety paranoid maniac and now I have something to point to and say, hey, its not my fault. However, I won't say that to Mortal Kombat.

Ed, I don't know you, but you've given me something to get through the first 31 years as a frantic mess. I remember being 10 years old thinking about ripping out someone's spine cause I thought they hated my guts because they didn't say excuse me when they passed by me. Then I remembered - oh I can go do that at home on my SNES (although somewhat ruined by lack of blood). On a more serious note, your games have been there for me... yes, even the shitty 3d ones. I loved those shitty 3d games. Its been a great run, now that its probably over, I wish you the best and continued success, but for me, its time to go chase some beaver.