What's new

Question I'm having trouble executing the Instant Dive Kick

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Any tricks on how to IaDK with a pad? Is there a trick to it like with Kabal's IaGB?

I talked to Morty about this briefly and he mentioned a weird trick involving buffering it into a dash so it looks like this: uf df4. But Morty plays on a stick and I play on a PlayStation controller. I tried it with my controller and had no success with it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It can feel like a complicated motion if you're trying to get it done as fast as possible. But the more you attempt the motions, the more they will become natural to you.

Let me ask you this: are you inputting the instant-air divekick in the correct order of buttons? That is still important. When trying to input it so quickly, it's easier it mess it up than if you would if you input it at a slower speed. In practice mode, keep jumping to get a feel for the very second she leaves the air, and then immediately throw out d + 4 the instant you feel Sonya leaving the ground. Do it with a diagonal jump rather than a neutral jump, as it's much easier to get the divekick working that way.

Get used to hit-confirming with either 2 1 or 4 into Cartwheel for a full combo. It can serve as an effective counter-poke tool in some situations, as well as a solid punisher against blocked specials.

That is the best explanation I can give.

Justice

Noob
Sorry, not a lot of tricks here just practice. How I got it down was just going into the lab and doing it slowly, making sure I had the inputs right and slowly speeding up until you get it to where you want it to be.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Just make sure you are jumping diagonally and I almost like to input it by jumping and doing a DF4 motion really quickly.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Easiest way for me has been to jump, then hold down after the slightest delay and press 4. Something about holding down rather than just tapping it helps you hit the timing window more easily -- but eventually, you probably won't need to.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Do it til you got it. The best way to learn these things is to sit down and learn every character's instant-air-everything.
That way you get the general concept. It takes a week or so.

Chances are you're trying to do it too fast.

Slow yourself down a little bit to where you don't miss it, and gradually speed yourself up from there.