What's new

I'm back, hopefully.

Sup all, took a bit of a break from MK and such to play Gears 3 when it came out, and to spend a lot more time with my little son, he just turned 1. I miss playing MK so I'm going to give it another go. Just afraid I'll be behind on all sorts of new tech and what not. What are some of the changes I can expect? It's been a few months... (September)

Also, Glend, is it possible to change my name? (PreludeToHatred)

Thanks, Cory.

Welcome back :)

Just to bring you up to speed:

-Kano is now considered bottom 5 (when you left he was S tier)
-Smoke is the new Cyrax
-Cyrax still hasn't won a major (except in UK but that doesn't count)
-Some glitches are now considered acceptable if your character has not won a major in the U.S. (they need it)
-Invisible and projectile invincibility glitches are banned in tournaments
-Jax and Sonya are the new Johnny Cages
-Sub-Zero is the absolute worst character in the game
-MLG picked up MK9

LEGEND

YES!
welcome back Napalm, hope you stick with Kano. We all need to see what a good one looks like

and Vulcan, your sig made me just realize that i don't think i have ever been babied as Stryker. . .haven't seen that until now

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
MyGod and SenorMenace have good Kanos. But yeah, we need more good ones, and I recall playing Napalm a loooooooong time ago when I first started playing. Hope you pick up things quickly and start kicking butt again. =D

Haha Tim, thanks man, thanks Glend, thanks Vulcan. I remember a lot of our games from the past, all nail biters... you still bustin' caps on folks? lol.

I'll probably try and stick with Kano, but bottom 5? Damn!!! :( The only time I remember Kano being S tier was when he had the quicker cool down on his upball, when it was nearly unpunishable.

Did changing my name put me as a new member?

MyGod and SenorMenace have good Kanos. But yeah, we need more good ones, and I recall playing Napalm a loooooooong time ago when I first started playing. Hope you pick up things quickly and start kicking butt again. =D
Haha, the beatings I used to dish out in mygod is the reason he picked up Kano. ;) He's good though, I remember his Sektroll being pretty good.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Haha Tim, thanks man, thanks Glend, thanks Vulcan. I remember a lot of our games from the past, all nail biters... you still bustin' caps on folks? lol.

I'll probably try and stick with Kano, but bottom 5? Damn!!! :( The only time I remember Kano being S tier was when he had the quicker cool down on his upball, when it was nearly unpunishable.

Did changing my name put me as a new member?
Nah, it should all be the same.

Holy SHIT! Just looked and I'm still #5 on the XBL Ranked Leaderboard and I haven't played in like 5 months. I know they don't mean much, but damn!