What's new

I'll never understand...

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Seriously, I'll never understand why some of the better players are so cocky. Just got done playing a guy that started trash taking before the match was even over. I try to stay quiet, and help out people even though I'm not the best player and it just seems like every time I find someone that's better than me they're on my case talking about how terrible I am.

It's rather unfortunate because when I come on here, it's a huge community full of people that share stories and answer whatever questions you have, but as soon as I pop my game in I see the same names and they never have anything nice to say.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Seriously, I'll never understand why some of the better players are so cocky. Just got done playing a guy that started trash taking before the match was even over. I try to stay quiet, and help out people even though I'm not the best player and it just seems like every time I find someone that's better than me they're on my case talking about how terrible I am.

It's rather unfortunate because when I come on here, it's a huge community full of people that share stories and answer whatever questions you have, but as soon as I pop my game in I see the same names and they never have anything nice to say.
Most of the online exclusive players (who don't use this site) aren't worth your time anyways. That's why I usually avoid playing people that I don't know. They almost always have a scrub mentality and yea, some of them are just scum. I would recommend just playing people that you meet on here or that you have played with before.

SkyratiK

I'm trying to start posting on here more so hopefully I'll be able to find a few people to play/train with. I still have a lot to work on.

SkyratiK

I'd play you on 360 but I need to get a new converter. My old one craps out randomly in the middle of matches. ;_;
I gotta get some new stuff too. My controller's thumbstick is all played out so sometimes it makes me do silly things like breaker a d4, it's so helpful.

GeoffBedlam

Kombatant
I kinda know the feeling. I avoid ranked matches almost entirely because it's mostly smart-arses that tea-bag and do Babalities when they win. And that drives me up the fucking wall. I mean, if you win and Fatality me or just throw or something, I'm not gonna get upset over that, there's no reason too, but I'm here to have fun playing my favourite game, have some good games and get better from it. Not be flat-out disrespected and put off from playing the game. I'm not gonna waste my time and stress myself out with players like that.

What makes things even harder is living in Australia. There's no middle ground with the other random Australians I come across. They're either all smart-arse wankers or completely new to the game. Fortunately, I've got a few people on my XBL friends list that are like-minded players, but they're unfortunately not on a whole lot.

SkyratiK

I did, thanks! I really want to start putting myself out there against better people so I can start improving my fundamentals.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Most of the online exclusive players (who don't use this site) aren't worth your time anyways. That's why I usually avoid playing people that I don't know. They almost always have a scrub mentality and yea, some of them are just scum. I would recommend just playing people that you meet on here or that you have played with before.

Ain't this the truth

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Seriously, I'll never understand why some of the better players are so cocky.
This isn't exclusive to better players either. Playing online (no matter the game really) being trashtalked by either opponent or partner whether you are winning or not is to be expected.

And then it's not just during the game (when I suppose emotions hit). Sometimes I open Steam forums for MK9 and I can almost feel like some part of myself dies.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Game bad, players mad. You'll find significantly fewer assholes in some of the more friendly games.
MK is just full of morons.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

At least they get cocky and feel themlseves on your case.

My case is totally different, most of the ppl i play, spends their time Threatning me about how they will defeat me since MK Trilogy era.

Even now on MK9 still the same story, i'm honestly tired of getting warned everytime someone feels like they need to prove something.