What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
"But guise! Scorpion is ass without without normal footsies! Look at MK9! He was all just random low/overhead, he needs it!"

Idiots. All I'm gonna say is, have fun recreating another KL-to-Kabal fiasco.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Well the obvious answer is increase start up frames, make both versions of teleport punishable mid flight and increase recovery frames. Apparently the engine can't handle this and it will ruin all of his combos. I think Microsoft fucked up, NRS was forced to release him prematurely and now were paying the consequences.

Wonder what the damage would be if they sucked it up and took him out of the game and replaced him with MMH. They'd have to develop another character to make up for MMH, but that might be nice. Just babbling, I know that'll never happen but I am curious how many people would care all that much if they did yank and replace him. Most people (seemingly) didn't want him in anyway.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well then, back to not giving a fuck. It's early, i guess I missed that. It's weird because as Aquaman I shut down so much of scorpion's apparently broken shit, I have no problem with the character at all. So I really have no opinion. However there are opinions that I trust.
Aquaman is a character that really contends with Scorpion.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I honestly don't know why people aren't complaining about aquaman. He is a fucked up character. Every character pretty much has to play his game. I guess he doesn't beat characters as badly as scorpion, but I also believe he doesn't lose a single matchup (this can change though, I need more kf experience). So its kind of like a kenshi kabal situation lol.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

Explain. And please don't tell me his aqua shield gimmicks compete with 7f start up teleport.

At the highest level of play Scorpion destroys Aquaman. Aquaman is a character that relies on pressuring you to come to him, which Scorpion just does better.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Explain. And please don't tell me his aqua shield gimmicks compete with 7f start up teleport.

At the highest level of play Scorpion destroys Aquaman. Aquaman is a character that relies on pressuring you to come to him, which Scorpion just does better.
Actually, yes.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It's not my fault. If it's in the game everyone can use it.
Yea but only a scumbag would play him and feel like a good person. Has unblockables and shit. He even spirit bombs you like a damn DBZ character. Like NRS what were you thinking.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

I haven't read this thread except for this last little bit.... are you just exagerating with the 7 frame teleport or am I missing something huge here. Anyway, Aquaman can AA scorpion pretty much 1oo percent of the time, his trait gets him out of mixups, Scorpion cannot punish FTD outside of close range, etc. He forces scorpion to actually play the game somewhat.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I honestly don't know why people aren't complaining about aquaman. He is a fucked up character. Every character pretty much has to play his game. I guess he doesn't beat characters as badly as scorpion, but I also believe he doesn't lose a single matchup (this can change though, I need more kf experience). So its kind of like a kenshi kabal situation lol.
I think KF could slightly beat him now but if there is a trait nerf the MU will flip.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think KF could slightly beat him now but if there is a trait nerf the MU will flip.
Not to get too off topic, but I feel like aquaman can actually keep kf out. outside of a little more than sweep range, she can't slide because it gets hit by b12 on reaction, she can't jump because of d2 (even air dash doesn't save her), dashing against Aqua on the ground is never a good idea, etc. I think it is 5-5. If the nerfs hit Kf, undisputable adv Aquaman. But I def want to play the mu more offline.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Not to get too off topic, but I feel like aquaman can actually keep kf out. outside of a little more than sweep range, she can't slide because it gets hit by b12 on reaction, she can't jump because of d2 (even air dash doesn't save her), dashing against Aqua on the ground is never a good idea, etc. I think it is 5-5. If the nerfs hit Kf, undisputable adv Aquaman. But I def want to play the mu more offline.
The problem is that right now any block pressure from KF leads into her 50-50. His trait is awesome but it only effectively slightly reduces the damage at this point. I play both characters at a pretty high level. I could definitely see it being even, but there is no point discussing until the next damage patch which should solidify the MU if it is true, IMO.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The problem is that right now any block pressure from KF leads into her 50-50. His trait is awesome but it only effectively slightly reduces the damage at this point. I play both characters at a pretty high level. I could definitely see it being even, but there is no point discussing until the next damage patch which should solidify the MU if it is true, IMO.
Completely agree, 100 percent.

I ususaly duck a lot against him. Ill absorb a few hellfires too, cause as soon as he whiffs a Spear or Teleport..Its dash in and whoop ass...Or whiff punish that tele. Ive seen so many whiffed teleports im used to punishing it now..
So ask yourself...that 9% hellfire or my 41% Shazam Session? :)

You've played shitty scorpions if, after a few hellfires hit, they decide to throw in a random teleport. Anybody that has played the game for more than a day would just idle with hellfires until you come to them. A big part of the reason that Scorpion is broken is that he forces you to jump forward (to avoid his hellfires), at which point he has a million options for murdering you. And if that doesn't work, he just has to alternate between j3 at different ranges and his teleport. It's practically impossible to defend against this. And then, again, there's his hellfire which is unblockable.

I have a lot of respect for the top competitors in this game, but as a casual player, it's insulting that their response is "crouch and punish the teleport!" As if THAT'S the only thing that makes him broken.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You've played shitty scorpions if, after a few hellfires hit, they decide to throw in a random teleport. Anybody that has played the game for more than a day would just idle with hellfires until you come to them. A big part of the reason that Scorpion is broken is that he forces you to jump forward (to avoid his hellfires), at which point he has a million options for murdering you. And if that doesn't work, he just has to alternate between j3 at different ranges and his teleport. It's practically impossible to defend against this. And then, again, there's his hellfire which is unblockable.

I have a lot of respect for the top competitors in this game, but as a casual player, it's insulting that their response is "crouch and punish the teleport!" As if THAT'S the only thing that makes him broken.
Jump hell fire on reaction. You have to be looking for it but it really isn't that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.