What's new

IGN Rewind Theater Featuring Injustice "Lex Luthor Trailer"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The Lex Luthor trailer that came down earlier this week got a lot of attention, especially after people noticed what looked to be "Black Adam" in scenes of this story trailer. While the trailer focused on Lex Luthor and his plan, we also saw bits and pieces to potentially dissect and breakdown. Well, if you were wanting that IGN is here for you. In their latest Injustice "Rewind Theater" it is just that. The folks at IGN go through the trailer scene by scene. They also mention the possibility of the suspected "Black Adam" not being Black Adam.

lex4.jpg
Source: IGN

Attachments

Definitely, they wouldn't give an NPC two costumes, and the character in the video is definitely Black Adam. Black Lightning looks nothing like that, I don't know what those guys were thinking.
Only one of them thought it was Black Lightning and, near as I can tell, his comic knowledge is pretty pathetic.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Definitely, they wouldn't give an NPC two costumes, and the character in the video is definitely Black Adam. Black Lightning looks nothing like that, I don't know what those guys were thinking.
Judging from the other stuff he says, he really doesn't know nearly as much as the guy he is doing the breakdown with. It's kind of funny how he is so sure it's Black Lightning.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
At least the guys aren't totally ignorant. I appreciate that they took the time to do the break down. I found it interesting, and even though I don't agree with greg miller.. "opinions vary"

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I like how they kinda diss on the graphics, but then they don't realize how smooth the game runs and how steady that frame rate is.

I like how they kinda diss on the graphics, but then they don't realize how smooth the game runs and how steady that frame rate is.
I thought it was annoying. "Ooo, it's the sky and the sea. Not that impressive." Then they completely ignore the shots of Lex leading Black Adam and Hawkgirl on a merry chase through what I believe to be a reborn Metropolis.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Well to be fair, the graphics are pretty uneven.
The playable characters and the stages are fantastic looking, but the NPCs and the non stage areas are objectively terrible.

In the end its a fighting game though, the graphics during gameplay are the most important, not some random backdrop or faceless soldier you will see for a few minutes.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think it's funny that they complain about the backgrounds in the story mode when nearly every other fighting game's "story mode" or arcade conclusion is one or two static screenshots with a line of dialogue.

Really, guys? I know NRS sets the standard, but let's be realistic here. A story mode with as much content as a single player game shouldn't be knocked for "boring backgrounds."

insignis

Noob
strange thing how attentive they were with seen cryptonite and emblem on teh alt costume of Shazam etc but didn't see big-ass lightning emblem on the Black Adams shoulder...

also when Lex is targeting something with his cryptonite beam on the left there is 360 m/s - 360 miles per second? Is Hawkwoman able to fly that fast?

beside these it was a good discussion in my opinion :)

Why is Lex luther using a kryptonite beam if everyone is fighting on equal terms.. wouldn´t that mean his immue to kryptonite..

Why is Lex luther using a kryptonite beam if everyone is fighting on equal terms.. wouldn´t that mean his immue to kryptonite..
his suit is what makes him able to fight, the kryptonite is to have an advantage. the suit alone is probably not capable of taking superman. that statement was for people like harley and joker who have no powers