What's new

If you don't like The game's Knockdown System you should play this variation of Frost and here why

Are you having a hard time meatying your opponent? DO they just roll and punish you every time you try to press your advantage? Are you having sleepless night thinking about Kombat league Liu Kang waking up with 12?

I have the solution for you and it's Frost Ice Oki variation.

That variation has 1 goal and 1 only get your opponent to the corner and bully them so they won't bully you. Don't listen to those telling you to give the other cheek, bully them before they can bully you.

What is that golden Variation made of and how is everything I said possible? How can a mere mortal bypass every safe fail created by the NRS elder gold the answer is simple, the corner. Using the Ice auger, The microburst and the auger lunge you will carry your opponent to the corner and stop them from waking up safely from b2 distance.

Once you hit your opponent with any combos starter, your go to launcher should be microburst. That move will allow you to use your b32d1 string which is essential for this corner carry set up with the combos STARTER-MICROBURST-J2-B32D1-DASH-D3-DASH-13-EXBF4 . Since you can switch size by jumping you will put your opponent in the corner no matter where you are on the screen. Once you send them to the corner you are guaranteed a b2 meaty to continue your pressure after walking back 2 steps.

Once they are in the corner and you get an opening Use a string into microburst and b32d1x2 into 344 spin to get a knockdown that guarantee you a ex ice auger which makes you plus on block or give you a combos if they do anything else including jumping, rolling or pressing a button(the delay WU doesn't matter.

I didn't really Talk about the pressure but the DL:DR is that drill make b2 hit confirmable and completely safe and create a mind game on whether you're going to mb or not.

I WILL PROBABLY DO A VIDEO AT SOME POINT TO EXPLAIN ALL THAT ALSO WHICH CHARACTER OKI WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO TACKLE NEXT? i WILL TRY TO MAKE A VARIATION WHERE OKI IS THE KING.

There are pros and cons to every system and no one is going to like every solution. That's how I look at most fighting games. Having wake-up options (with two bars, it's not infinite) beats out not having any options other than delay like SF4. I would also argue that if you look at tournaments at most levels, the character variety is good (if not great compared to most FGs, it's varied with patches) and people who have shown good fighting skills in previous NR games are still good in MK11.

Plus it's more entertaining to watch. I don't think there'll ever be a perfect fighting game (nostalgia needs to be removed in any thoughts going into your head right now and you need to consider subjectivity). Honestly I'd give NR a pat on the back for opening up custom and having it be as good as it is. Perfect? No, but considering the sheer variety and how good (or at least viable) most characters still are, that's an achievement and I doubt anyone in here could do it better.

Edit: Just in case it's not obvious, you know there's a lot of disagreements at every studio regarding game design and what gets released. Not everyone at NR agrees with the choices made.

Last edited:

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
I use A. Lunge Icequake Microburst. Although I like this setup I just can't drop any of these moves since they cover pretty mcuh all the options I think she needs. Oki after blade spin knockdown is still pretty strong.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
There are pros and cons to every system and no one is going to like every solution. That's how I look at most fighting games. Having wake-up options (with two bars, it's not infinite) beats out not having any options other than delay like SF4.
I’m not a huge fan of the wake up system but I can live with it. My bigger issue is how it interacts with the meter system. I feel like the options are too good in a game where meter auto regens and is split between offense and defense. There isn’t enough resource management involved imo...I think it’s dumb that I can roll through someone and punish their whiffed meaty and still be able to dump meter into the combo and/or burn fatal blow.

On topic, I think Frost’s best oki move is burrowing auger, but the fact that it costs two slots and only hits at one distance stops me from using it more. My preferred loadout rn is Ice Auger/Quake/Microburst.