What's new

Question - Ermac IF you could Redesign Ermac´s Variations?

Afumba

Noob
He can still jump around to win most exchanges and turn just about everything into 35%.

I know the focus here is high level play, but Kung Jin is entirely too good at the lower levels - IMO.
Not want to defend Jin... but honestly if he just "jumps around" all the time and wins like that... the loser probably deserved it. Jin is strong but not automode strong. Also balancing doesnt care about how hard it is to play a given character. If they would balance like that they would had an ingame tierlist making certain characters better by default than others.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
To tell you the truth, I liked how his combos were in MK9, it just felt right. I kno whis character is a telekinetic n shi*t, but Its just f*cking weird how he is floating in teh air in his normal stance.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Ah... ok... i thought you refer to Noob Saibot. :D Anyways... yea Mystic Ermac might not be hard to pick and play but MoS isnt that far from it, if it is at all.
And if you find Mystic a noob variation that makes Spectral one as well by default. Beside that this game is full of characters that are pick and play & Kung Jin is probably not the only "pick and play" character that has more than one of those.

Anways i dont see how this factor matters in any way though.
The MOS one is the default because Spectral just isn't any good.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Not want to defend Jin... but honestly if he just "jumps around" all the time and wins like that... the loser probably deserved it. Jin is strong but not automode strong. Also balancing doesnt care about how hard it is to play a given character. If they would balance like that they would had an ingame tierlist making certain characters better by default than others.
I'm saying that both guys are bad and the one using Kung Jin will win 95% of the time.

Kung Jin makes bad players OK.

Afumba

Noob
I'm saying that both guys are bad and the one using Kung Jin will win 95% of the time.

Kung Jin makes bad players OK.
It doesnt - it just makes bad players win more against bad players. There are lots of tools that bad player can exploit to win against bad players cuz they get swamped by it... Jacqui gun or Scorp tp come to mind. Its still doesnt make those players "ok" cuz if they face an "ok player" he rapes them.

Noob
It had cometh to mind indeed and it was mentioned here before, why exactly doesnt Ermac have his iconic fireball!? that fireball honestly as simple visually as it was, i found it so cool. oh well....

My fav MK game was always MK trilogy and it still is, and im obviously counting MK9 and MKX in this, and aside from balancing etc... i find that game a beautiful thing to see and play honestly. I will deviate a bit from the topic at hand but this is all for funs so i wanted to ask you guys something... We have brutalities in this game, while very cool ones, some not so much, they are a very nice addition to the game, But for those more veteran, do you remember the awesome relentless brutalities from the 2d era??? I mean those where bloody awesome... would you guys like to have something similar in this game as well? THROWBACK HYPE lolol

Afumba

Noob
It had cometh to mind indeed and it was mentioned here before, why exactly doesnt Ermac have his iconic fireball!? that fireball honestly as simple visually as it was, i found it so cool. oh well....

My fav MK game was always MK trilogy and it still is, and im obviously counting MK9 and MKX in this, and aside from balancing etc... i find that game a beautiful thing to see and play honestly. I will deviate a bit from the topic at hand but this is all for funs so i wanted to ask you guys something... We have brutalities in this game, while very cool ones, some not so much, they are a very nice addition to the game, But for those more veteran, do you remember the awesome relentless brutalities from the 2d era??? I mean those where bloody awesome... would you guys like to have something similar in this game as well? THROWBACK HYPE lolol

I think they removed his projectile so MoS would seem more unique.

If i am beeing honest i was not pleased when they announced Brutalities cuz i hated those old ones. Out of all -alities back then tthey were the worst. Yea - i liked even Animalties better & thats something. It was just a punch and kick sequence ending in a million heads and arms etcetc. Didnt appeal to me at all. Needless to say that i was happy to see the new Brutalities. If they include this oldschool type of Brutaliy i hope they make each character at least hit differently & dont have the enemy drop 10 arms and heads.

Reactions: 14K

Error

DF2+R2
I would change Spectral to basically a Sindel/Hawkgirl hybrid.

Faster start up/cancel recovery in soul ascension.

Diagonal full screen air projectile.

Mb air charge + on block but a high.

Ability to dash/run in the air.

Air grab.

Wigy

There it is...
I would make his d3 -929384 on block i don't have to deal with ermacs online spammin d3 d3 d3 f4 (or whatever the overhead is)

Noob
I think they removed his projectile so MoS would seem more unique.

If i am beeing honest i was not pleased when they announced Brutalities cuz i hated those old ones. Out of all -alities back then tthey were the worst. Yea - i liked even Animalties better & thats something. It was just a punch and kick sequence ending in a million heads and arms etcetc. Didnt appeal to me at all. Needless to say that i was happy to see the new Brutalities. If they include this oldschool type of Brutaliy i hope they make each character at least hit differently & dont have the enemy drop 10 arms and heads.
Maybe, tho all variations having his traditional fireball would provide him something i feel he "needs" i mean we are fine without it but having it would be very nice for him.. that fireball was never super fast and didnt even have super good frames so giving him the FB back, it would make him have a bit more options from a distance. Opinions, i honestly would love to have it back..

Hmm yeah they where a bit simple, but with the new tech i feel they could do something really cool with them...

I need the 2nd Fatality Back in my life... the Kinetic Slam fatality is in my opinion by far his best one ever...

Afumba

Noob
Maybe, tho all variations having his traditional fireball would provide him something i feel he "needs" i mean we are fine without it but having it would be very nice for him.. that fireball was never super fast and didnt even have super good frames so giving him the FB back, it would make him have a bit more options from a distance. Opinions, i honestly would love to have it back..

Hmm yeah they where a bit simple, but with the new tech i feel they could do something really cool with them...

I need the 2nd Fatality Back in my life... the Kinetic Slam fatality is in my opinion by far his best one ever...

Well i wont object if we get the fireball back but i dont think he really needs it. Its a good to have but not a necessity thing.
If Mystics tools gets adjusted he would be able to zone without it. For Spectral just a projectile wouldnt do much & MoS already has a better one.

Who knows.. maybe we will get that old Fatality back... others are getting an oldy back as well next patch.