What's new

Question If you could go back in time....

.....For any reason to any point in time within your MK9 life, be it to give your past-self some pointers or to cause a specific outcome to occur in a past event, what would you do?

Just for teh lulz, I would want to go to some semi-major tournament back in the very early months of the game, and reign chaos with Stryker for just that one tourney.........after I rigorously train myself for such an opportunity.

Stryker would be found out to be low-tier much faster (perhaps), but he would have left a mark on the history of MK9's tourney-scene. Of course, who knows what kind of consequences for Stryker would come out of that?

I'd go to the first tourney and main sheeva lol. Then after everyone dedicated time to her they'd find out how ridiculously terrible she is.

Or i'd utilize whatever method of time travel we were using to actually contribute positively to society :p

LEGEND

YES!
i would have started playing MK9 at EPG from the begining instead of finding out about it 6 monthes late. And i Would tell myself to never drop shang n work through the bad matches

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I would trade places with my past self at EVO 2011 before the match with Chris G in top 8 and go on to win the tournament.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i'd go back in time to the first mk9 tourneys using undiscovered character tech/glitches from the future to win back to back tourneys.....:REO

Zebster

How's my volume?
I would go back to before ECT3, and make sure that the tires in my car didn't go flat so I could actually go to the tournament.

Would go back in time to when mk9 dropped and 800 bucks, to give it to myself to take a flight to the first mk9 evo, and teach my former self the broken tactics of kabal, so i can show up at evo n blow everyone up hahahah....

if i could turn back time... if i could find a way... i'd take back those words that hurt you... and you'd stay...

but srsly i'd get the game at launch instead of waiting a year to get it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Would go back in time to when mk9 dropped and 800 bucks, to give it to myself to take a flight to the first mk9 evo, and teach my former self the broken tactics of kabal, so i can show up at evo n blow everyone up hahahah....
kabals f32 was an infinite back then

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'd tell the community that Kabal is #1 and get laughed at because Kung Lao has no bad matchups.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'd win EVO 2011 free. Of course, I'd be using Smoke's resets, getting the community to consider me a fraud and NRS to patch Smoke ASAP.

I'd win EVO 2011 free. Of course, I'd be using Smoke's resets, getting the community to consider me a fraud and NRS to patch Smoke ASAP.
iirc smoke didn't have resets then as the game was not patched; KL could still 24 low hat. Smoke's reset wouldn't work, but his air throw~sb OTG would... not like it even increased his damage much lmao

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Yeh i wish i started playing it from the beginning, Unfortunately i started playing a few months after it was released, No worry's Injustice will be mine :)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
iirc smoke didn't have resets then as the game was not patched; KL could still 24 low hat. Smoke's reset wouldn't work, but his air throw~sb OTG would... not like it even increased his damage much lmao
Did people even attempt to do that reset at that point in time? I doubt anybody knew a thing about it. I know for a fact the Shake-invisi glitch existed since Aris knew about it before xSmokex ever posted it here. lol.

Did people even attempt to do that reset at that point in time? I doubt anybody knew a thing about it. I know for a fact the Shake-invisi glitch existed since Aris knew about it before xSmokex ever posted it here. lol.
Iunno, you could very easily unpatch your MK9 and give it a whirl, but i'm 99% sure that the damage reset was created as an accidental by-product of patching the regular smoke bomb OTG.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
July 2011. So I can actually use the best character in the game at that time. Skarlet

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2