What's new

If Wii U Ends Up Being the Superior System for Injustice

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not sure if I agree with the controller argument considering there's still a significant amount of controllers that work on one or the other and never both regarding the PS3 and 360 themselves. I understand the hypothetical point at hand but LBSH, the Wii U isn't going to improve anything from a gameplay standpoint lol, it's nothing the PS3/360 can't provide for tournament purposes.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not sure if I agree with the controller argument considering there's still a significant amount of controllers that work on one or the other and never both regarding the PS3 and 360 themselves. I understand the hypothetical point at hand but LBSH, the Wii U isn't going to improve anything from a gameplay standpoint lol, it's nothing the PS3/360 can't provide for tournament purposes.
That's like saying the Xbox can't imporove on PS3 MK9 from a gameplay standpoint. Whatever system it runs smoothest and looks best on, will generally improve the experience from a gameplay standpoint (and probably from a spectating standpoint as well) :)

But, this thread is a month old :/

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There would have to be sticks and coverters available on WiiU. You can actually get a TE for WiiU (I think its the TTT2 TE), but as far as converters go, I highly doubt there is any as reputable as etokki available, if even at all.

Also, every port to WiiU is shite. I doubt Injustice will break this mold.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The only thing the Wii U will be the standard for is how to make a console that is a generation behind yet still brainwash people into buying it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That's like saying the Xbox can't imporove on PS3 MK9 from a gameplay standpoint. Whatever system it runs smoothest and looks best on, will generally improve the experience from a gameplay standpoint (and probably from a spectating standpoint as well) :)

But, this thread is a month old :/
Hey, if it's on the main forums page, I'm reading, and if necessary, replying. :p

But I meant in the respect that the 360 is the lead platform for Injustice development anyway so I don't see the 360 version having unintentional performance issues the Wii U version wouldn't have.

The only thing the Wii U will be the standard for is how to make a console that is a generation behind yet still brainwash people into buying it.
I'd hardly call it brainwashing if Nintendo still makes great games, which they do. Only reason I don't have a Wii U is money issues. If I didn't have to worry about that, I would've gotten the system at launch. But since I don't have the money for it just now, gonna wait and see what Nintendo has up their sleeves at E3.

But again, even if I did have one, I'd still get Injustice for PS3 first. The Wii U version could wait until a "complete" edition came out for 20 bucks or something.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wouldn't be possible if you can't use different controllers/sticks on the console. That alone outweighs everything.

PS- Nintendo's dpads are the best in gaming, and always have been. :coffee:
Though, the Classic Controller Pro's is terrible...it doesn't register complex motions very well and cramps up my thumb just using it in normal games.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Lol if you think TO's are gonna she'll out cash for Wiius just to run Injustice tournaments. Be glad if the game even gets a spot in tournaments.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Lol if you think TO's are gonna she'll out cash for Wiius just to run Injustice tournaments. Be glad if the game even gets a spot in tournaments.
Realistically, I don't think anything will change. I was just curious to see if the people that strongly advocate for Xbox now because it's the best-performing version of MK9, would advocate just as strongly for Wii U if it ends up being the best-looking and running version of the game.

But, this thread is old and was bumped for some reason :/

Noob
Realistically, I don't think anything will change. I was just curious to see if the people that strongly advocate for Xbox now because it's the best-performing version of MK9, would advocate just as strongly for Wii U if it ends up being the best-looking and running version of the game.

But, this thread is old and was bumped for some reason :/
There's already talk of a mass migration to 360 for MK9. I believe FR is 360 this year. I won't go on record saying it's definitely happening, but be prepared if it does. I would definitely buy a converter to be safe.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
There's already talk of a mass migration to 360 for MK9. I believe FR is 360 this year. I won't go on record saying it's definitely happening, but be prepared if it does. I would definitely buy a converter to be safe.
Yeah, I'm curious to see what happens with Injustice, given what transpired with MK9. I own an Xbox and a PS3 (no Wii U yet), and I'll probably purchase the game for multiple systems again. It'll be interesting to compare.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I hope Injustice is essentially equal on all platforms. I haven't pre-ordered yet since I'm reaaally holding out for a demo so I can test to see if I enjoy the game on stick, but it's not looking likely so I'm probably gonna pre-order on PS3 to be perfectly safe. It'd suck to get an inferior version 'cause of something silly like that.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I just don't see this happening considering pretty much any factor.

PC: yes
Steambox: Not sure but if this means I'd have to buy one, HELL NAW
Steambox is just going to be a PC guys. You know "Big Picture" on steam? That is what steambox is going to be, just steambox will have the ability to use your TV better than your computer does.

Just remember guys, the WiiU does indeed have 2 USB ports in the front so it is not forced to play wireless. You also do not need to use the game pad at all whatsoever.

DLC is going to be on it, it would be silly to not put it on... you know why?

Nintendo offers free patches and DLC to games.