What's new

If Wii U Ends Up Being the Superior System for Injustice

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
.. will all the people currently pushing for Mk9 tournaments to be on Xbox, push for the Wii U to become the tourney standard? It's an interesting question, if you apply the same logic.

Dependending on what they've done under the hood with Wii U, this very well could end up being the smoothest/prettiest/best playing version of the game.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I know they're making sticks and such for Wii-U but could the slight improvements in gameplay warrant a console with untested products/controllers?

trufenix

bye felicia
WiiU suffers from the same stupid wireless controller on / off shit as the PS3. It will not be tourney standard.

The Wii U won't be the superior system for Injustice. Know why? I'm fully expecting the Wii U version to either be delayed so the Wii U will get the full DLC package, or it's going to be cancelled.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The Wii U won't be the superior system for Injustice. Know why? I'm fully expecting the Wii U version to either be delayed so the Wii U will get the full DLC package, or it's going to be cancelled.
You say that as if it was fact, but it is pure speculation on your part lol

You say that as if it was fact, but it is pure speculation on your part lol
It is speculation. But think about it. NONE of the preorder bonuses are for Wii U. NONE of the bonus items for the Battle Arena are for Wii U. And the Wii U isn't getting a Collector's Edition. We haven't seen any Wii U gameplay. We haven't heard a single thing about how the game will be played on the Wii U, whether it will be using the GamePad, the Pro Controller, Wii Remotes, or anything. It seems that as far as NetherRealm is concerned, the Wii U is an inconvenience.

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
It is speculation. But think about it. NONE of the preorder bonuses are for Wii U. NONE of the bonus items for the Battle Arena are for Wii U. And the Wii U isn't getting a Collector's Edition. We haven't seen any Wii U gameplay. We haven't heard a single thing about how the game will be played on the Wii U, whether it will be using the GamePad, the Pro Controller, Wii Remotes, or anything. It seems that as far as NetherRealm is concerned, the Wii U is an inconvenience.
I've actually talked to GameStop and they've reported that it will be getting Red Son just like 360 and PS3.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I just don't see this happening considering pretty much any factor.

PC: yes
Steambox: Not sure but if this means I'd have to buy one, HELL NAW
Steambox is just a prebuilt PC designed to allow one to easily play games on the tv.

Basically a pseudo-console. It does absolutely nothing a PC can't, although it'd obviously be the easiest way to do fighting games on the pc at a local event, I'd think. But it's probably going to be way too pricey for it to matter.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
PC would alienate a lot of people as gaming computers are expensive as hell.
This times 100000.

Also, as far as pre-orders indicate, I seriously feel like even if Wii U miraculously became the tournament standard that most online warriors will be on the PS3 and Xbox. I know 0 people who own a Wii U honestly.

I'm almost sure this is extremely unlikely any way you look at it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This times 100000.

Also, as far as pre-orders indicate, I seriously feel like even if Wii U miraculously became the tournament standard that most online warriors will be on the PS3 and Xbox. I know 0 people who own a Wii honestly.

I'm almost sure this is extremely unlikely any way you look at it.
I mean EVO still wont change to 360 on MK when it has become clear the 360 runs it better. People don't like change, especially as radical as from a PS3 to a wii U. Plus we have no idea if it plays better on Wii U, it could be worse for all we know.

I mean EVO still wont change to 360 on MK when it has become clear the 360 runs it better. People don't like change, especially as radical as from a PS3 to a wii U. Plus we have no idea if it plays better on Wii U, it could be worse for all we know.
Supposedly it runs at 60fps. Supposedly. Personally, at the moment, even if I had a Wii U(can't afford one, stupid US economy), I would still get it on PS3 for the pre-order bonuses.