What's new

If we're going with preset variations, what about choosing your character outfit?

Guizoca

Noob
In MKX, you could choose an outfit and then pick a variation for your character. In MK11, the costume is attached to the variation. That means you would be stuck to that outfit (most of the times a character has a variation that is way better than the others). Maybe you can customize the cosmetics for ranked, but for tournament play will be always the same.

I just wish they think about cosmetic diversity in the game because some players like to express themselves with specfic skins. I understand that some of you may not care at all for how a character looks.

sry for my english btw. Doing my best

What do you think?

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Couldn't agree more. This is a concern I was talking with a friend about recently: Despite what NRS has pushed for this game, at a tournament level, it's actually going to be the least customized NRS (or other, likely) game to date, as not only will everyone probably be picking the same presets (due to the nature of moves in MK11), but they'll all look the same. It's such a 180 of what they say they're going for it's almost laughable.

aj1701

Noob
In MK11, the costume is attached to the variation. That means you would be stuck to that outfit (most of the times a character has a variation that is way better than the others).
Ugh, seriously? That's probably the dumbest thing I heard about MK11 so far.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
For ranked I would think it would work like Injustice 2 where you picked your gear beforehand. I'm not sure how tournament worked for that game?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
In MKX, you could choose an outfit and then pick a variation for your character. In MK11, the costume is attached to the variation. That means you would be stuck to that outfit (most of the times a character has a variation that is way better than the others). Maybe you can customize the cosmetics for ranked, but for tournament play will be always the same.

I just wish they think about cosmetic diversity in the game because some players like to express themselves with specfic skins. I understand that some of you may not care at all for how a character looks.

sry for my english btw. Doing my best

What do you think?
PAUSE! Variations are attached to outfits too

!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?QUESTION MARK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I see what you mean now @Guizoca

It would be unfortunate if you could only choose between the static costumes that the variations had on the select menu OR be forced to pull out to the main customization menu to change into a DLC outfit or something.

In Injustice 2, every piece of gear was customizable, but in MK11 only three pieces are.

I hope you'll be still able to at least change the BASE costume at the select menu.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
PAUSE! Variations are attached to outfits too

!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?QUESTION MARK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
You can change your skin and gear how you like for online play. But there's (probably) a default look for each variation, such as in the beta Boon's Main was the new Scorpion and Chain Reaction was the classic Scorpion. So while customizing your look isn't an issue at home, we might be seeing little variation in terms of looks in tournaments - unless they add options for picking your outfit into the character select screen.

Guizoca

Noob
You can change your skin and gear how you like for online play. But there's (probably) a default look for each variation, such as in the beta Boon's Main was the new Scorpion and Chain Reaction was the classic Scorpion. So while customizing your look isn't an issue at home, we might be seeing little variation in terms of looks in tournaments - unless they add options for picking your outfit into the character select screen.
thanks

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Yes, you could do this, but in the Kustomization Screen, not the character select screen.

What @Guizoca is bringing up is the fact that if a year from now Scorpion has like 10 base outfits (not gear, but the Outfit itself), he wouldn't be able to change them in the character select screen like you could in MKX. You'd have to pull out of the character select screen and change a variation to what outfit you'd like for the variation.

Yes. I know this part. But my question is around the character selection menu. In tournaments, you don't have time to go to customize menu and make your character look like the way you want. In MKX, you could choose your character outfit in the character selection menu and I wonder if we could do the same in MK11.
I think I saw a "Tournament outfit randomizer" (can't remember the exact name of the feature) in the options during the beta

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I think I saw a "Tournament outfit randomizer" (can't remember the exact name of the feature) in the options during the beta
Yeah, something tells me pros wouldn't be too keen on using a randomizer that could result in a distractingly terrible appearance for their character, when they're supposed to be concentrating entirely on their play.

gitblame

Noob
Probably in kustomize menu you will be able to kustomize look for preset variation. That's how you set how your character look in online ranked and in tournament mode. Also there for sure is an option to have randomized gear for tournament mode.

Guys panicking either haven't played Injustice 2 or panic mode is their default mode.

Xelz

Go over there!
Yes. I know this part. But my question is around the character selection menu. In tournaments, you don't have time to go to customize menu and make your character look like the way you want. In MKX, you could choose your character outfit in the character selection menu and I wonder if we could do the same in MK11.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought NRS said the tournament mode will feature a random costume generator like I2 did.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Damn, i have never think about this point. i hope we will able to customize our skin and 3 pieces for ranked matches. @16 Bit please her us, this is the thing that we all want and i hope it is not too hard to do for NRS..