What's new

If sheeva was straight up top to mid tier...

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I do pretty decent with her now, if she had a faster f3, low grab actually hit retarded characters spamming d4's day all with their stupid low hitboxes with a little more forward and down reach. Ground stomp was a slight bit faster and cancellable, she'd be totally viable. That would scare low poke happy whores, a somewhat decent low starter and ground stomp we could tack onto the end of strings for extra damage or as something to throw people off guard. That's really all she would need and it would probably put her in mid tier. I do play her because she is low tier, I like oddball characters that no one plays. But I wouldn't begrudge her getting better either. You would still need to be very good at reading your opponent, you just wouldn't get screwed even with the right reads because of shit frame data and low hitbox nonsense.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I wonder if Sheeva players will be using Grundy/Bane come Injustice.

That being said, all you'd really have to do to make Sheeva at least mid tier is buff the frame data. Way too slow to even threaten anybody lol

Flagg

Noob
The problem with Sheeva is her bad normals. I mean isn't her quickest standing normal, 12 frames? A 9 or even 10 frame normal could be massive to her.

Jax for all intents and purposes is supposedly a "grapple type" , yet his normals are completely godlike compared to her.

Her low grab needs to be able to punish things like blocked slides, and grab someone in the air after they've had their teleport blocked. In fact, if her walk and grab move acted like the low grab, i,e., throws them on the floor creating a launch situation, that would be a buff for her in itself.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

That being said, all you'd really have to do to make Sheeva at least mid tier is buff the frame data. Way too slow to even threaten anybody lol
I planned on making Grundy my main if I like the way he plays.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
B2 needs to be faster as its only real way to get people blocking low. 2 should be 9 or 10 frames. Low grab needs more range.

That being said, there's so much satisfaction to be had from reading a low poke and landing an ex low grab.

Espio

Kokomo

Nah, I'm maining Raven and I'll probably secondary Aquaman and Cyborg if I get Injustice.

I don't much care for powerhouse grapplers and such anyway, they add variety to games, which I love and I enjoy fighting against grapplers though.

I only play Sheeva now cause I really enjoy the character and she's never in Mortal Kombat games.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nah, I'm maining Raven and I'll probably secondary Aquaman and Cyborg if I get Injustice.

I don't much care for powerhouse grapplers and such anyway, they add variety to games, which I love and I enjoy fighting against grapplers though.

I only play Sheeva now cause I really enjoy the character and she's never in Mortal Kombat games.
All swag choices.

I want to know whos idea it was to but that 4 armed scumbag into the game in the first place could have done with out her and had bo rai cho in the game instead, she was never a popular mk character to begin with.

Espio

Kokomo
I want to know whos idea it was to but that 4 armed scumbag into the game in the first place could have done with out her and had bo rai cho in the game instead, she was never a popular mk character to begin with.
MK9 was a remake of sorts for the original Trilogy essentially, which is why she was apart of this game with her introduction in MK3, she's a classic character.

Everyone can't be Scorpion or Sub-Zero level popular, Bo'Rai Cho isn't all that popular either to be quite frank. He adds variety though and I like him.

D

Deleted member 9158

All she needs is for her normals and strings to come out a little faster, and she'd be viable-ish. Not high tier by any means, but she'd be mid imo. She already has big damage and decent armour. She'd still have that wonky hitbox though.

one can dream though, can't they?

peachyO

Noob
1. NRS "put" her in. she is a part of the trilogy and damned well deserves a place in the re-telling. and she has fans, few as they may be. quit disrespecting them by trolling this thread and trashing their main.
2. she was plenty popular in mk3/umk3. she'd be popular here too if she was top tier, as the tier whores would flock to her. not because they like her, just because it would be an easy way to win. just like now with the current crop of popular characters. the proof? scorpion and sub zero are arguably the most popular and famous characters in mk history. you wouldn't know it judging from this game. coincidentally, neither is a top tier character.
3. popularity should dictate who got in the game? strange coming from somebody who mains a non mk, guest character and a DLC character who was never part of the original trilogy. or who would have bo rai cho, one of the least popular mk characters ever (even though i like him).

She should play like any grappler plays. I am pretty sure NRS has no clue how to make a grappler like Gief though so I wouldn't count on it in the next game or any other games.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
1. NRS "put" her in. she is a part of the trilogy and damned well deserves a place in the re-telling. and she has fans, few as they may be. quit disrespecting them by trolling this thread and trashing their main.
2. she was plenty popular in mk3/umk3. she'd be popular here too if she was top tier, as the tier whores would flock to her. not because they like her, just because it would be an easy way to win. just like now with the current crop of popular characters. the proof? scorpion and sub zero are arguably the most popular and famous characters in mk history. you wouldn't know it judging from this game. coincidentally, neither is a top tier character.
3. popularity should dictate who got in the game? strange coming from somebody who mains a non mk, guest character and a DLC character who was never part of the original trilogy. or who would have bo rai cho, one of the least popular mk characters ever (even though i like him).
One Word:

Roasted

bro get ur facts straight before u try to back sheeva up, that bitch was never popular, and even if she was top tier in this game i wouldnt main her, simply because she has an ugly design and her play style just doesnt appeal to me, like denzell said she wasnt even good in the old games and really doesnt serve a purpose in the sorry line, shes just a henchmen, goro was always more popular, so u telling me skarlet is a non mk character? Because thats who i main buddy, obviously u got ur users mixed up, if ur talking about freddy then u would know if u actually followed me that, that is my pocket character. Even sheeva users know that she sucks ass lol, NRS would never make her top tier and i doubt we will be seeing her down the line in future mk games so that 4 armed scumbag can hang it up, i mean its necessarily a diss to the sheeva users but more so the character itself, i mean why use her when u know ur just fighting a uphill battle i mean its koo to use her if u just playing casually but if u wanna win competitively thts not the way to go. And why not have bo rai cho when he is the teacher of lui kang? He was fun as hell to play with in the 3d mk days. Hes far from the least popular char ever created be serious smh.

Justice

Noob
bro get ur facts straight before u try to back sheeva up, that bitch was never popular, and even if she was top tier in this game i wouldnt main her, simply because she has an ugly design and her play style just doesnt appeal to me, like denzell said she wasnt even good in the old games and really doesnt serve a purpose in the sorry line, shes just a henchmen, goro was always more popular, so u telling me skarlet is a non mk character? Because thats who i main buddy, obviously u got ur users mixed up, if ur talking about freddy then u would know if u actually followed me that, that is my pocket character. Even sheeva users know that she sucks ass lol, NRS would never make her top tier and i doubt we will be seeing her down the line in future mk games so that 4 armed scumbag can hang it up, i mean its necessarily a diss to the sheeva users but more so the character itself, i mean why use her when u know ur just fighting a uphill battle i mean its koo to use her if u just playing casually but if u wanna win competitively thts not the way to go. And why not have bo rai cho when he is the teacher of lui kang? He was fun as hell to play with in the 3d mk days. Hes far from the least popular char ever created be serious smh.
Either way, your post is negative and unnecessary. Sheeva has her fans and so does Skarlet (in spite of the fact that she didn't "exist" until MK9). You are more than welcome to not like Sheeva but please stop insulting those of us that do.

Back on topic: I probably still wouldn't main Sheeva simply because I like Sonya's playstyle better, but having a Sheeva that is better suited to the concept of "future leader of the Shokan" would be most welcome. Maybe keep the normals the way they are but add more command grabs or something to lead to more damage that would inspire the fear and respect others should have for her. Sheeva should be the fastest character on the roster, but she should be one of the more damaging.

Lol my original response in this thread was not aimed at any users i was speaking my opinion on the character not the people who use her, its the users themselves who didnt like the comment i gave on the character therefore feeling the need to bash me because of my negative thoughts on the character hey dont get mad at me when i respond at a comment that was actually aimed at me, like i said my original post was simply at sheeva, by all means all 5 of sheevas fans can continue using the character till their hearts content but shes still trash bro...sorry but its the truth shes neither top or mid tier and never was, maybe if she was actually a REAL grapple character she would be more viable. Like her low grab on block thats the stuff i like.

Justice

Noob
Lol my original response in this thread was not aimed at any users i was speaking my opinion on the character not the people who use her, its the users themselves who didnt like the comment i gave on the character therefore feeling the need to bash me because of my negative thoughts on the character hey dont get mad at me when i respond at a comment that was actually aimed at me, like i said my original post was simply at sheeva, by all means all 5 of sheevas fans can continue using the character till their hearts content but shes still trash bro...sorry but its the truth shes neither top or mid tier and never was, maybe if she was actually a REAL grapple character she would be more viable. Like her low grab on block thats the stuff i like.
Not mad at you. It's the negativity that I find insulting. And let's face it, as long as fighting games have more than one character, there is always going to be a "low tier".