What's new

If NRS were to add more special moves instead of new combinations/variations, what would you like to see return to your character?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Shao Kahn: Bring back the voice actor from MK2 + Increase his specials/combos by 5% each. He is big dick Kahn after-all, he should have big dick damage.
LOL... I 100% agree that they should buff Shao Kahn a bit and bring back the old school voice actor. He's a damn playable boss and the main antagonist from earlier MK games, yet towards bottom tier in this game? He's my 2nd main behind EB, but if I'm playing a high level player then he's just too slow in general. Sluglike projectiles and very punishable specials. The things he's got going for him is his reach is stupid, great hops, and his sweep and uppercut are VERY good. I think it's obvious NRS was worried about making him too overpowered as a previous boss that they didn't want him overrunning the online matches. Instead they made a slow hulk of a fighter that has horrendous zoning and very little upside in close distance. You're hoping to catch a F2 from about mid into a string or 22 upclose because of the poke. Considering his damage is where it's at makes the payoff all that worse for his strings, and most of his other moves are telegraphed so badly you might as well not even bother or you're getting punished. He has no other quick enough options to compete with top tier consistently other than the footsie game, which if you say it out loud is hilarious. "To win with Shao Kahn you have to play footsie a lot." (especially against the top tier chars)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jax: dash punch and OH elbow drop MK9 style where you can use meter to change sides.

Kotal: Air grab, so he has another combo starter, the ability to gain and spend command grab buff stacks for meter or health like in X, and his sacrificial cut for the damaged buff in exchange for 10% HP. Always had some crazy ass clutch combos with that.

Jacqui: shotguns midranged stun, forces rush as an optional dash punch replacement for the utility’s of the sideswitch, and I want to say BF+4 but there really isn’t anything it did that clinch doesn’t do better.

Liu: “bicycle” punch from X.

Baraka: MK9’s slicer, I always loved how it looked as a combo ender

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Sonya: pretty much everything. Leg grab, bicycle kicks, square wave, kiss, cartwheel, military stance. It's crazy how none of this moves made it in.

Raiden: Give us his superman gibberish back.

Scorpion : meterless spear. Ground fire. Flipkick.

Jade: Returning and low glaive. Staff grab.

Jax: Dash punch. Taking away iconic moves from s character and giving them to their offspring is exactly the way you are NOT supposed to do things.

Does Shao have his Emperor shield and his face projectile? I don't think he does, but I haven't touched him so I'm not sure. Also, bring his old actor back.