What's new

If NRS were to add more special moves instead of new combinations/variations, what would you like to see return to your character?

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
-Raiden's Shocker
-Erron Black's Gun stance (forgot the name but it's with the Gunslinger variation)
-Sub-Zero's Ice Klone (I don't main Sub-Zero I just wanna see Lord Brady be a beast with Ice Klone)

I remember a thread/post of someone saying they wouldn't mind NRS adding special moves as free DLC but I think some people will find this troublesome, and not to mention if we do get special moves added it's sure to cause trouble with the meta and whatnot.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Give me Clone back, please. It's a kick in the dick that he does clone in both a fatality and a round-win pose.

When it was first announced that clone wasn't available, I wasn't going to play Sub Zero. Turns out I'm just addicted to this character, but it still stings when I can't cancel strings into DB4.

I've been using Ice Trap in my Kasual Variations for a bootleg clone, but cancels are a lot worse.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Give me Clone back, please. It's a kick in the dick that he does clone in both a fatality and a round-win pose.

When it was first announced that clone wasn't available, I wasn't going to play Sub Zero. Turns out I'm just addicted to this character, but it still stings when I can't cancel strings into DB4.

I've been using Ice Trap in my Kasual Variations for a bootleg clone, but cancels are a lot worse.
Also, as an aside, I would also take a variation that lets me have EX Ice Ball and Up Ice instead of Shoulder, so I can still have slide.

Sonya - Leg Grab
Scorpion - Leg Trip, Spear that stuns without EX
Noob - Shadow projectile where it grabs opponent and throws opponent back towards noob
Kitana - MK II fan lift
Kabal: Gas blast projectile
Johnny Cage : Low forceball that isn’t worthless

HAMMER

Noob
Scorpion: Spear that stuns for longer than 2 seconds without EX'ing it.

Sub-Zero: Ice Clone.

Sonya Blade: Leg Grab.

Kano: Vanilla MK9 Up-Ball with 1-2% damage increase.

Shao Kahn: Bring back the voice actor from MK2 + Increase his specials/combos by 5% each. He is big dick Kahn after-all, he should have big dick damage.

Noob Saibot: The Ghost Ball should make it where the opponent cannot block/attack for 2 seconds like the old days. But, it should be blockable!! Alternative: Bring back the running clone that pops up the opponent.

Bring back MK9 Reptile; his best version yet!

Jax: Bring back Quad Slam where you only have to hit one button with easy timing for 20% of life-meter.

Bring back Jax's Timberland Boot stomp fatality.

Baraka: Bring back his OP jump-kick from MK2 where it has priority over everyone else's. Even though I've never seen the Blade Spin in MK Trilogy, bring that shit back and take it from Frost.

Kung Lao: Bring back Superman from MK Trilogy. Have him say some rubbish while he's at it.

Raiden: Shocker for a combo ender for bigger damage.

Kabal: Low saw blade enhanced should be the same as MK3/UMK3/MK Trilogy except with better frame data ofc!!

Mileena amplified tele kick.............oh wait, nm.

Noob portals, scorp leg trip, sub ice clone, kung lao mk2 hat throw, up spear for scorp might be neat( probably op, two slots maybe)throws opponent to ground, amp pops up

Lokheit

Noob
Sub-Zero:

- Klassic Ice Shower (with far, close, mid, options).

- MKX Cryomancer's 2in1 grab.

- MKX Unbreakable Aura.

- MKX Unbreakable Parry.

- Injustice 2 and MK vs DC teleport.

There is a huge pool of unused moves that could make his playstyle change a lot from one preset to another. What they did with him considering what was avaiable, even ignoring the klone, was a bit bland. At first I thought they were saving some of those for Frost, but nope, they're just unused and available.

Sonya:

I'm not particularly a fan of hers, but I think it's criminal she doesn't have her dust kiss combo extender or her leg grab move.

I'd love for them to add a move that makes D'vorah playable :cool:

That being said.. I haven't really played with the non-tournament buildouts. It seems like erron has some really cool moves so I wish they would fix his 2nd variation so he could have more options.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I'd love for them to add a move that makes D'vorah playable :cool:

That being said.. I haven't really played with the non-tournament buildouts. It seems like erron has some really cool moves so I wish they would fix his 2nd variation so he could have more options.

Yes...
Give Erron MOAR options
He needs them clearly.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
D'vorah's f112, but there's a gap before the las hit and it's +5 or so on block. She'd immediately be a real character again.