What's new

If Mk 9 had traits?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Who would have what?

Lets say trait is the Stance switch button.

Scorpion- help fire burns over time.

Liu Lang - damage buff 5 seconds

Kung Lao - when activates he's able to double jump. 5 seconds

Sub Zero - Shoots a fog of ice if it hits you, you are frozen for 3 second. And he can hit you as many times as he wants

Sindel - flight (of course) 5 seconds

Ermac - All telekinetic attacks give him health back if connected

Reptile - He's gets a better dash .

Kitana - fans Stance

Cage - Recovers faster from his projectiles

Mileena - shes able to duck under any attack. Except for overheads and lows

Jade - Staff stance ( mk deception )

Nw - tomahawks Stance

Cyrax - I don't know

Noob - all his normals reach full screen.

Smoke - smoke away and smoke towards leaves a cloud of smoke

Sektor - Shoots 3 homing missiles .

Jax - Damage Buff

Sonya - I don't know. All moves from military are unblockable

Kano - All special moves are unblockable

Raiden - limits combos to 3 hits. Stuns the opponent it's hits exceed.

Stryker - reduce recovery on grenades and guns.

Kabal - all normals are faster

Zhang Tsung - morphs into a random character

Baraka - blades are unblockable

Sheeva - grabs are unblockable

Quan chi -normal runes are unblockable
skaarlet - old daggers

Kenshi - mind warp

Laos_boy

Scorpion - Don't play with Hellfire:
Scorpion envelops himself in hellfire armor that reflects half the damage done to Scorpion, back at his opponent. Lasts for 5 seconds and can be activated again after 18 seconds. 15-frame startup.

Sub-Zero - Frosty the Snowman:
Control the Ice Clone's movements, like a true Subby clone that freezes your opponent on contact. Clone can be blocked. Subby needs to be neutral standing to assume control.

Liu Kang - Shaolin Fury:
Causes all unfavorable-to-slightly unfavorable matchups to be 5-5 for the remainder of the round. (Cancels Kabal's Trait)

Kung Lao - You can't handle my swag:
EX Low Hat, no meter cost. Must recharge for 10 seconds after every use.

Sindel - Edenian Idol:
Black Adam's trait, only made by sonic energy, like in one of Sindel's Fatalities.

Ermac - Blind Swordsman's Mentor:
Replaces special moves with a nerfed version of Kenshi's specials. Interchangeable like Nightwing's Staff/Escrima stances.

Reptile - Acidic Orgasm:
All acid-related attacks have their startup decreased by eight frames for six seconds. Trait recharges after 15 seconds.

Kitana - I'm a Princess:
Bitch-slap, 60-frame startup. The demoralization of getting hit by this slow-ass move gives the opponent a damage debuff for the rest of the round.

Johnny Cage - Nuke 'em, Johnny Bravo:
Puts on a new pair of shades, 40-frame startup duration. With unbroken glasses, Johnny Cage builds 33% more meter than normal.

Jade - Rage of Edenia:
Activates like Glow. No damage scaling on combos and twice the chip damage for 15 seconds. Trait recharges after 20 seconds.

Mileena - Censor Advantage:
Mileena rips off her clothes (40-frame duration), causing her entire character model and the nearby area around her to be heavily blurred/pixelated for the sake of the children. Her clothes come back in the form of her pinkish energy after 15 seconds. Trait recharges after 30 seconds.

Nightwolf - Power of the Spirits:
Wields a new weapon style: spirit daggers and hatchets.

Cyrax - Taunt:
Shouts various things, such as "I need it!" and "Kabal's broke, somebody should patch him.".

Noob Saibot - Never Alone:
Noob controls Saibot like a real clone. Can be summoned out of an oily portal at any time, even while Noob is recieving a combo, but can only take one hit before liquefying.

Smoke - MKII:
Throws out a Spear. Works like Scorpion's EX Spear, but with increased damage scaling.

Sektor - I'm happy and I know it:
All of Sektor's 1 and 2 button-related normals hit true mid and have longer range. Lasts for 12 seconds and must recharge for 24.

Sonya - Rations:
Consumes Military rations, 30-frame startup with an additional 15 frames of recovery. Rejuvenates 10% health, with the amount decreasing by 2% each time it's used in one match.

Jax - Old Spice:
Sprays Old Spice deodorant on himself, causing him to regenerate 1% health every two seconds, for 36 seconds. 28-frame startup duration.

Kano - BlackBryan's Cigarette:
Smokes a special cigarette that reverts Kano back to pre-patch for the rest of the round. 15-frame execution, can only be used once per match.

Kurtis Stryker - V01C-4N 84-DE5 pills:
Takes some steriods that give him pre-patch dash mechanics and makes his normally high-hitting attacks hit crouching opponents. 20-frame execution, can only be used once per match.

Shang Tsung - Morph:
Morphs into a random pre-loaded character for five seconds, with no damage boost.

Kabal - Meta Knight:
Wears Meta Knight's apparel, and turns every matchup into an 8-2 matchup, if it wasn't already better than an 8-2 for Kabal.

Baraka - Tarkatan Rage:
Works similarly to Jade's EX Shadow Flash, with no increase in damage being absorbed through the armor. Lasts for 8 seconds and has a recovery period of 9 seconds, Baraka will lack armor on all normally-armored EX specials during the debuff state and be pale in color.

Raiden - JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR!!!:
Shouts random gibberish then imbues his hands with Shazam's trait.

Sheeva - Shokan Might:
Gains armor on all specials, EX or not, and deals 150% of base damage. Trait is rechargable and can be activated mid-charge. Full charge lasts for 30 seconds.

Quan Chi - Ed Boon's Power:
Trance-like attack. Quan grins like a total troll and confuses the opponent's attack button inputs for 10 seconds. Can only be used once per round.

Kratos - Rage of Sparta:
All attacks have five frames reduced from startup and recovery for 15 seconds.
26-frame startup duration. Damage dealt to the opponent fills up the Trait; 56% damage = full charge.

Skarlet - Period:
Sprays blood on the opponent, infecting them and causing them to lose 1% health every second for 15 seconds. Rechargable Trait.

Kenshi - Meditation:
Meditates in mid-air and gains a Meter Regeneration buff for 10 seconds. 70-frame startup duration.

Rain - Bitch, I'm flawless:
Removes his mask to show his beautiful face, causing Rain to dance around like a narcissistic prick (revamped attack animations). He also gains armor on all of his normal attacks. Trait duration: 10 seconds. Rechargable Trait.

Freddy Krueger - Never Sleep Again:
Turns invisible and causes a "Dream Kombat" code effect for 15 seconds. Recharges after 40 seconds, and can only be used when fully charged.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Kabal's trait should be a hindrance, not a buff. I'm thinking 12% health decrease every time trait is activated (no cooldown). Kabal goes in to his puffing oxygen animation, the tanks falter, he gasps. Kabal players get a nice little troll taunt as incentive to activate.

ryublaze

Noob
Sektor - allows him to hover in the air like his round winning animation and it would be like Sindel's levitation and he can fire missiles diagonally

Smoke should be able to turn into his "Enenra" form or get some kind of power based off of that. Maybe he'll turn into smoke and vapor entirely while still being able to do attacks? Or maybe he'd have different specials in that form?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Rain - Anything that gives him a standing, advantage, nutpunch reset. he'd be so god like.....

Smoke - Standing 3 hits low ;)

Stryker:

His trait would be an unblockable tazer attack that stuns the opponent and allows a free combo. 10 sec cooldown.

OR

direction+4: place or throw C-4 explosives. 4: Detonate (low, launcher). 5 sec cooldown after detonation.

Error

DF2+R2
Freddy Krueger, he'd grope a small child and depending on the race he'd get some sort of buff

Black - speed boost + damage boost
White - ground spikes are now + on block, with more hit advantage
Asian - faster more invincible teleport, claw throw hits mid

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Freddy Krueger, he'd grope a small child and depending on the race he'd get some sort of buff

Well the black one was pretty fucking racist, i'm just not sure how the other ones are...

ryublaze

Noob

asian one should lower his hitbox

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Kano's trait gives his knives and up ball better recovery, as well as faster startup on his up ball.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Scorpion- Same as IGAU

Liu Lang - damage buff 5 seconds *I'm good with this*

Kung Lao - Invincible spin.

Sub Zero - Ice ball shoots quicker & floor ice.

Sindel - flight (of course) 5 seconds *cool with this*

Ermac - Same as Revans in IGAU wouldn't be bad.

Reptile - Fully invisible for 7 seconds.

Kitana - fans Stance *Sounds good*

Cage - Gets a nut punch parry.

Mileena - I think a catwoman like Attack trait would work for Mileena.

Jade - Staff stance ( mk deception ) *Happy with this*

Nw - tomahawks Stance *This is okay*

Cyrax - Throws bombs at close - mid - Far range.

Noob - Alter ego comes out on the opposite side of the screen and Mirrors Your attacks for 4-5 seconds. *would be cool*

Smoke - smoke away and smoke towards leaves a cloud of smoke *I'm okay with this*

Sektor - Shoots 3 homing missiles . *This is cool*

Jax - Damage Buff *Same*

Sonya - Gets a speed buff on non special move attacks.

Kano - All special moves are unblockable *same*

Raiden - Gives his electric armour *similar to lex but when you hit him you take damage and get knocked back*

Stryker - reduce recovery on grenades and guns. *I'm fine with this*

Kabal - all normals are faster *Sounds relevant*

Shang Tsung - morphs into a random character *I like ^_^*

Baraka - blades are unblockable *I guess this works*

Sheeva - grabs are unblockable *I like*

Quan chi - Gives him both health and damage buff.

skaarlet - old daggers *Okay.

Kenshi - Sword stance would be cool

RoGE

Noob
A few trait ideas:

Kenshi - Shoulder charge becomes unblockable
Kabal- Recovers faster from iagb
Sub-Zero- Gets nerfed
Kitana - d1 reaches fullscreen