What's new

If Jacqui required an offense bar for all leaps, would the move be gutted?

I honestly feel like this a good way to tune her down without making the leap useless. She can still use it to get in, but she wouldn't be able to keep you pinned for 30+ seconds and it would also drop her unbreakable damage potential.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I honestly feel like this a good way to tune her down without making the leap useless. She can still use it to get in, but she wouldn't be able to keep you pinned for 30+ seconds and it would also drop her unbreakable damage potential.
Yes she would absolutely be gutted; without a doubt.

Or I should clarify, the leap move would be gutted. Jacqui would still be fine with other customs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
She could still use it to close distance full screen so she can't be zoned out.
Close and far leap already require defensive meter.

She already needs offensive meter if she wants to convert off her leaps in combos.

Jacqui has dash punch and good walk and dash speeds - you’re not zoning her out regardless of leap.

If you wanna tone down leap give it extra damage scaling. What you’re proposing absolutely would make leap not worth using.

You asked if the move would be gutted, Im telling you pretty straight that yes it would be. I don’t even use this move, but it’s easy to see that this would be gutted.

If that’s the route you want to take, fine, but it would make the move nigh unusable.

D

Deleted member 64931

Close and far leap already require defensive meter.

She already needs offensive meter if she wants to convert off her leaps in combos.

Jacqui has dash punch and good walk and dash speeds - you’re not zoning her out regardless of leap.

If you wanna tone down leap give it extra damage scaling. What you’re proposing absolutely would make leap not worth using.

You asked if the move would be gutted, Im telling you pretty straight that yes it would be. I don’t even use this move, but it’s easy to see that this would be gutted.

If that’s the route you want to take, fine, but it would make the move nigh unusable.
Think you’re missing the point genius. We want the move to be gutted. If raidens jo push has to stay like this, nuke that crack heads leap into the ground.

D

Deleted member 64931

we either get jacqui gutted or balance the game in the way so that every character can do obscene shit like jacqui.
Right! Laughable when people say cetrion and fujin are on the same level.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
we either get jacqui gutted or balance the game in the way so that every character can do obscene shit like jacqui.
Getting a character gutted is never, and will never, be the right course of action. And yeah, they absolutely should make it to where every character has really good options like the top tier characters.

Getting a character gutted is never, and will never, be the right course of action. And yeah, they absolutely should make it to where every character has really good options like the top tier characters.
I don't want jacqui gutted. it's almost inevitable and i'm surprised nrs hasn't done it yet but I can't say I'm not jealous of how jacqui has been since day 1. I would truly like for good characters to remain good and for weaker characters to be uplifted to that level.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't want jacqui gutted. it's almost inevitable and i'm surprised nrs hasn't done it yet but I can't say I'm not jealous of how jacqui has been since day 1. I would truly like for good characters to remain good and for weaker characters to be uplifted to that level.
Not to mention, ALL of her variation moves only take up 1 variation stock. Like, that’s pretty insane considering how good they all are.

And I main Jacqui btw. I just don’t use leap. So personally I don’t care if leap is nerfed.

Not to mention, ALL of her variation moves only take up 1 variation stock. Like, that’s pretty insane considering how good they all are.

And I main Jacqui btw. I just don’t use leap. So personally I don’t care it leap is nerfed.
she didn't even need leap to be good but it's tremendously enhanced her gameplay. she's so privileged it's insane. i don't see why clear weak characters don't get this kindof love

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
she didn't even need leap to be good but it's tremendously enhanced her gameplay. she's so privileged it's insane. i don't see why clear weak characters don't get this kindof love
EXACTLY! I don’t care at all about all these top tiers, let them have their wild shit. But why aren’t we giving these other low to mid tier characters the same type of options and versatility? I’m ONLY okay with these top tiers having all these options that are insanely good if we give all these other lower characters similar very good options. And I think it’s absolutely doable. But again, this comes back to my larger point of how NRS handles the competitive community that I expressed in the other thread. It’s easier for them to nerf a few characters than it is for them to buff 20 characters. I personally don’t think it being easier should be a reason to go in that direction, but since NRS is a business, they’re going to take the shortest route possible to seemingly achieve the same thing. The issue is doing it that way just ends up creating more problems in the long run, which creates a never ending cycle of doing the same shit and expecting a different result.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Think you’re missing the point genius. We want the move to be gutted. If raidens jo push has to stay like this, nuke that crack heads leap into the ground.
I think YOU’RE missing the point.

You might want the leap move gutted, but read through the thread and tell me that wasn’t what the original poster was asking.

Honestly feels like your trolling.

D

Deleted member 64931

I think YOU’RE missing the point.

You might want the leap move gutted, but read through the thread and tell me that wasn’t what the original poster was asking.

Honestly feels like your trolling.
We have been subjected to this bitch flying across the screen on pcp for almost 2 years. Take it out of the fucking game already. She was good enough with feint cancels and and the grease kick.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
wouldn't be the character though, just the move.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
People act like Jacqui wasn’t top tier before the leap. First RD KO is still a thing, still has DoT, and plenty of other great custom moves. If that change did happen, literally nothing would happen to Jacqui lol. Leap would just be eh