What's new

If I go from Sub Zero to Cyrax, will I like it?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Sub Zero is my BnB main. He is my clutch. With that said, if I learn Cyrax, will I like him? Cyrax (or Cyblax) intrigues me.
Well, no one responded so lolnvm

Luija1006

since 1995
Sub Zero is my BnB main. He is my clutch. With that said, if I learn Cyrax, will I like him? Cyrax (or Cyblax) intrigues me.
Well, no one responded so lolnvm
It truly depends on how you feel. For a reference, I like fast play-style characters (Mains: Reptile, Mileena) and after playing with Human Cyrax I am having a very good time catching people in nets.

As a note, Subzero really struggles against Human Cyrax.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
If you go from sub to cyrax then you are a very smart man indeed... I mained sub but nowadays not only do i find him boring, but it seems he always faces an uphill climb with more than half of the cast...

Highly overrated character imo...

Creepy00

Noob
Same here Enenra, that is why i havent be much on the sub forums currently. So far, i have no complains with the character or struggle to play him correctly as his gamestyle resembles some of subzero. Cyrax zones fullscreen while sub takes up space ,and Cyrax has better dashing. Overall Cyrax has better tools, one thing he doesnt have Invisible wake ups or d4 like sub. You just gotta transfer your sub experience to cyrax, as you will need to relearned or adjusted some match ups.

CYracks

Command Grabber
My first main was sub zero after watching Tom Brady at the PDP tournament. Then I picked up cyrax after seeing his command grab setup into mid bomb and his krazy kombos. Now I'm playing CSZ. The progression only seemed natural to me. I can't tell you if you'd like cyrax. However, he's still a pretty solid character.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
My first main was sub, i still play sub from time to time but i just got annoyed of people seeing sub and just switching to zone mode.( this is when the game first came out and i didn't know about ice ball trades :facepalm: ) and it just felt like an uphill battle
Cyrax has alot of great tool, imo and you can play him many different way and still be effective

its always nice to hit a spammy player with a good ol reset too =) even tho i don't like using the reset on good, respectable players

hope you hop on the mustard train!

Enenra

Go to hell.
Geez, just play with him and see for urself, how the hell are we supposed to know....some people...
Dude, shut the hell up before I reach through your screen and slap you. Maybe I asked because I am I crappy Cyrax, and wanted to ask some people who are actually good with him. I realize you feel like you have balls of steel on the internet but keep that passive aggressive BS to yourself. Jesus, for all I know someone here was like "I am tired of Sub Zero, let's try Cyrax. Ooh look, Cyrax is the improved version of Sub Zero." Get it, or do I need to draw you a picture?

:eek:noffrant:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
LoL!

Beef what's up! How's it going with Ermac in the lab? I've fine tuned my Cyrax adding in some aggressive tech, we should get some matches going soon!
Yeah, its going ok. Been actually playing more with scorpion as a secondary. But funny that I found my way to this thread as im thinking about making a move to a certain other lin kuei .....°_°

Sent from Somewhere to Somewhere Else

Sub Zero is a character that plays really safe. What I mean by that is that you use a lot of hit comfortable strings and cancel out with clone if it's not a hit and stuff like that. With Cyrax, you will have to take a little bit more risk. The opponent will be in your face more because you will not have a clone as a shield. But any time you hit them with the net, you can hit them with the reset for 60-75% damage..... I have over 24 hours into Sub, and about 15 into Cyrax, and I love him. He feels kinda slow like Sub Zero, but you don't have a clone in front of you to hold back people who rush you down.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Sub Zero is a character that plays really safe. What I mean by that is that you use a lot of hit comfortable strings and cancel out with clone if it's not a hit and stuff like that. With Cyrax, you will have to take a little bit more risk. The opponent will be in your face more because you will not have a clone as a shield. But any time you hit them with the net, you can hit them with the reset for 60-75% damage..... I have over 24 hours into Sub, and about 15 into Cyrax, and I love him. He feels kinda slow like Sub Zero, but you don't have a clone in front of you to hold back people who rush you down.
All right, thank you. I have been playing with him though and I just can't be him to feel right...

All right, thank you. I have been playing with him though and I just can't be him to feel right...
I'm learning Cyrax too, but I'll share with you my thoughts on him. I know what you mean by him just not feeling right. I felt that too, but for me, that went away when I realized and abused the properties of command grab. After a sucessful command grab, your guarenteed a free jumpin. From there, You can go for the 75% combo, or another command grab. It's a 50/50 situation, (Well, not really, but it weighs heavily in Cyrax's favor because if you guessed right, they lose 3/4 of their health). And also, you should either read up on other's people set up into making people fall into the bomb or going to practice mode and make your own.