What's new

Question If I create the ONE COMPREHENSIVE TIER LIST TO RULE THEM ALL...will you care?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think everyone should main Dontay.

Seriously, though, I think the list we're on right now, that pretty one with the blotches and such, is 97% accurate.
You could arguably move a person or two, but I think the math is almost done.
There will never be a 100% definitive Top 10, because there are too many character on near-even playing grounds.
It'll go on forever.

And ever.

And ever.

I would honestly like to see something like this. Perhaps you can make a pre and post Evo 2013 version. I'm surprised at how much backlash this got... It's just an idea and some statistics we can discuss and play with. Tier lists aren't absolute and nobody really dies defending or going against them. The only harm it would cause would be harm to people who actually take offense to the list, which is ridiculous. How could we ever learn more about something if we always treat it this way? It's just a few statistics; they won't harm anybody. Imagine if the scientific community reacted to proposals for experiments this way. We'd have nothing if that was the case. Lighten up guys :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
No because in the end it will be another tier list that is based on opinions (which they all are anyways)...so basically just another tier list.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think you should just so I can read all the people that hate them and freak out when they get posted,

they hate them, but they just can't stop themselves from looking lol, it makes me laugh every time

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think you should just so I can read all the people that hate them and freak out when they get posted,

they hate them, but they just can't stop themselves from looking lol, it makes me laugh every time
lol, while not a bad a idea, I really do not feel like sifting through 2883 individual points of data and have everyone say "Not again!"

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Day off. 8pm. Drunk. Go figure.
We've all seen this tier shit go down a million times.
Let me put my thoughts into words and my words into rhymes.
You can make your own list for matchups, ketchups and tiers, ain't a crime
But for crying out loud, bro, it ain't worth a dime.

Opinions are like assholes and this forum's full of'em.
Hell I've had my own showing, pants down, I'm pullin'em.
Dullin'em, foolin'em thinking I actually cared.
I've been pullin' dull shit cuz y'know, I've been dared.

So here you go, let me dare you now
I dare you to take Jade to evo, and make it count.
Pull your pants up, nobody's givin' a shit.
And even if they'd be givin' a shit it ain't worth takin' a hit
your heart skippin' a beat over listing elite.
elitism stinks and you know it.
You've got skill bro. Go show it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Day off. 8pm. Drunk. Go figure.
We've all seen this tier shit go down a million times.
Let me put my thoughts into words and my words into rhymes.
You can make your own list for matchups, ketchups and tiers, ain't a crime
But for crying out loud, bro, it ain't worth a dime.

Opinions are like assholes and this forum's full of'em.
Hell I've had my own showing, pants down, I'm pullin'em.
Dullin'em, foolin'em thinking I actually cared.
I've been pullin' dull shit cuz y'know, I've been dared.
So here you go, let me dare you now
I dare you to take Jade to evo, and make it count.
Pull your pants up, nobody's givin' a shit.
And even if they'd be givin' a shit it ain't worth takin' a hit
your heart skippin' a beat over listing elite.
elitism stinks and you know it.
You've got skill bro. Go show it.
I am confused...is this directed at me, or the kommunity?

I don't believe you should.we all already have an idea of which characters are top 3,top 5,top 6-10( will always be debatable between a select few),the good but not top,and finally the bad.I do accept that some characters have better tools and options than others but at the same time tier list's at this point is pointless.Maybe if the game evolves a bit more and we start seeing different results half a year down the road then sure It wouldn't be a big deal to make another one.And honestly I think we are to the point where we mainly discover glitches and hardly any legit tech.But if it's the same characters and the same results for a year or so,then we are just wasting our time making and looking at them. if you are doing it just for fun then go ahead.But every time there is talk about tier list or matchups,it all get serious because a lot of people don't think their character should be where they are at as well as other characters.

NKZero

Noob
I actually really like the idea. As long as my Sektor MU chart is taken into consideration :p

In all seriousness it would be interesting, and it brings us closer to more accurate placings. On top of that it involves a ton of numbers and statistics....who doesn't enjoy that?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If I collect data from 3 well known players for EACH character in the game, compile the matchup charts, calculate the statistical placing and give you a defined, calculated, and statistical character ranking...would you care?

This would be the most comprehensive project ever done to a tier chart here on TYM. You would have full stats, full backing, and I will be polling well known players for each character.

Does anyone give a shit? This would be an extensive project, and would require a lot of my time. If there is demand for it, I will do it, if not, I will just leave it be.

Would you like to see the statistical placing of every character in the game not based on votes but matchups?
It won't work.

The players and how they play certain MU's is what matters, we can only give a ball park figure, it will neverbe 100% accurate, and ''known players'' will have certain matches put out of their favour because of previous experiences in the matches, if someone has lost 2 times to a charater in tournament, then there is no way they will label is as a winning match, KL vs Cage is one perfect example, or Sonya vs CSZ, a match that very little people play.

But if you do want to go on and do it, and want my help, come to me for CSZ.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Well in the Smash community tier lists are done with a ridiculous amount of effort, and a lot of variables are factored in beyond frame data and matchup charts. They're supposed to calculate tournament viability, so what percentage of players are using what characters matters. If your character has a bad MU against a popular character, it starts to not matter how well you know the MU. In a tournament setting you will run into a lot of them and if they are on your level of play, you will most likely lose eventually.

I think the current chart is pretty good in that the top tier all belong there (minus Cyrax IMO), but maybe the mid could use some shuffling. I don't know how necessary this is, but I would like to see a good chart if all the research were done.