What's new

Question If I create the ONE COMPREHENSIVE TIER LIST TO RULE THEM ALL...will you care?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If I collect data from 3 well known players for EACH character in the game, compile the matchup charts, calculate the statistical placing and give you a defined, calculated, and statistical character ranking...would you care?

This would be the most comprehensive project ever done to a tier chart here on TYM. You would have full stats, full backing, and I will be polling well known players for each character.

Does anyone give a shit? This would be an extensive project, and would require a lot of my time. If there is demand for it, I will do it, if not, I will just leave it be.

Would you like to see the statistical placing of every character in the game not based on votes but matchups?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll be honest here. If you were to ask every top player that represents a character i.e. Pl(KL), REO(Kabal), Tyrant(Jax) etc. etc. and crunch those numbers it would be respectable in my opinion. It's how tier lists are made in most other games.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'll be honest here. If you were to ask every top player that represents a character i.e. Pl(KL), REO(Kabal), Tyrant(Jax) etc. etc. and crunch those numbers it would be respectable in my opinion. It's how tier lists are made in most other games.
That was the plan. But if I am going to be hanged for it, then I will save my time and energy.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Not gonna lie, all this numbers bullshit is the reason alot of people arent leveling up, they just resort to counterpicking. If we keep focusing on numbers we're gonna be left with 3 characters played in tournament: The KKK
People put too much stock into it. That's not the way to go.

Stop worrying about your character and start actually working on what you need to be working on. A better character won't do shit if you aren't playing well anyway.

That said, these are interesting discussions. That's mainly why I enjoy participating.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Stop worrying about your character and start actually working on what you need to be working on. A better character won't do shit if you aren't playing well anyway.

That said, these are interesting discussions. That's mainly why I enjoy participating.

I think we just need to get it out of the way and have all the top players that represent characters make a legit tier list and leave it at that. How long has Persona4 been out? I believe they already have a solid tier list lol. Our game has been out 3 years and we have nothing.

Reactions: SLy

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Dontay pls.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I don't pay attention to any lists or matchup numbers so no, I wouldn't. However, I'm sure other people would even if it's not the majority.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Thanks for the offer chance but i dont think it would help. Weve been trying to do it for 2 years and every time a list comes out no one will fully accept it. Lets just let people think what they wanna think and leave it that way. No reason for trying to tell everyone the definitive number or tier for every character in the game cause its not gonna happen. You are free to use your time for something else lol.

SLy

Noob
Actually I feel that Reo's Pictoral Chart is the official list.. The thing is people want numbers and not Letter placings.. And in a game like this its just not gonna be possible..weve tried for like two years

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
we don't have a solid tier list because so many character positions are debateable its not even worth attempting. lol

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
for fuck's sake i am getting tired of tier lists...this is worse than getting stalked by my psycho ex-gf

coolwhip

Noob
Every tier list these days is labelled as "last attempt at a community tier list" or "the final definitive tier list" etc...You'd think we'd know better by now. Plus, let's keep in mind, the game evolves. I know many will try to counter that by claiming we have most characters figured out, but the fact is, it was only 3 months ago that everyone accepted Cyrax to be top 5. Wrap your head around that one for a while. Things will keep changing. It's an interesting discussion, but at this point, somewhat meaningless.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
It wouldn't matter to me. Don't waste your time IMO.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk