What's new

If Clash worked this way instead of the wager system?

Would you rather have one of these systems for Clash instead of a Wager meter for I2?

• Button Mash/Button tap system-tap several buttons/button faster than your opponent filling a meter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dial a button imput system at random faster than your opponent(like a music game)

• Hard to say/undecided very tough for me to answer

• I don't care as long we have a NEW system replacing the current system

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I noticed they kind of updated the clash system and there's some cases of the two hit ender(guessing this is due to the more you bet and more you lose meter wage during the clash should you lose, the more hits you take)

However, was thinking what if they changed it so that during the clash instead of waging meter that you may/may not have, I think it would be more interesting if it was out buttonmashing the other player to decide the clash, that's just me but how would you guys feel about that?

Like similar to one of the S.T.A.R. labs challenges in the first injustice(I completed all of them in injustice GAU) there were a few of them where you were GL and you had to button mash 1, 2, 3, 4 to overpower Superman's heat vision beam vs your GL beam. If it was like this where you had a bar to fill lfirst before your foe or just flat out overpower or out button mash/tap your opponent to win a clash.

There was also an older I believe the first DBZ Game way back on the PS1 forget the name but it was a DBZ game, where there were super moves where you had to out beam your opponent by literally tapping a button as fast as you could to overpower your opponent and that guy who won would shoot the beam and the other guy winning that part of the fight, it looked similar to Superman's heat vision vs GL's ring beam against each other in Injustice missions looked.

or maybe a dial imput system faster than your opponent like a mario hit the random power block animation then it shows A or B or Y or L etc and you have to hit that button as it shows faster than your opponent.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
The first two ideas are interesting enough, but seem more suited for casual play. In a competitive setting, some players will just have better reaction speed and/or better button mashing capabilities. That way they pretty much automatically win every clash. Learning to tap buttons faster or learning button combinations for clashes is just busywork in my opinion.

Again, this approach is much more suited to casual play, which does not have to be a bad thing per se. However, the wager system as-is is suited for both casual and competitive play.

MKF30

The first two ideas are interesting enough, but seem more suited for casual play. In a competitive setting, some players will just have better reaction speed and/or better button mashing capabilities. That way they pretty much automatically win every clash. Learning to tap buttons faster or learning button combinations for clashes is just busywork in my opinion.

Again, this approach is much more suited to casual play, which does not have to be a bad thing per se. However, the wager system as-is is suited for both casual and competitive play.
I hear ya, though the part about button mashing may not be necessarily always true. I have a friend who's strictly casual but this guy can button mash faster than anyone I've ever met, like he uses one finger like the freaking Flash's legs that's what his finger looks like when he's tapping lol. Remember blades of steel fights he'd beat me all the time in that lol like damn....or the Test your might meter, he fills it up super fast and he's not a competitive guy at all, but with tapping he's literally the fastest player I've seen to do that with tapping games in general lol it's like he vibrates his finger lol but anyway thanks for posting and the viewpoint.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't like either of those ideas, honestly. I think clash is fine as is. Mashing would make playing long sets a nightmare on your fingers and I like the break you get during the cinematic to recollect yourself (ie no music/rhythm stuff)

MKF30

I don't like either of those ideas, honestly. I think clash is fine as is. Mashing would make playing long sets a nightmare on your fingers and I like the break you get during the cinematic to recollect yourself (ie no music/rhythm stuff)
lol all good dude, appreciate the thoughts. I remember reading injustice 1 some hated clashes because it broke the momentum of gameplay(but not everyone felt this way) I just remember reading that. Can't remember if it was on here or YT or both.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't Mind the wager system. But I wouldn't want it to be any of the things you described. Those ways can feel alienating and I don't want to practice mashing or reaction tests to play a very small part of the game. Plus you lose the built in meter game there is now. I wouldn'T mind some changes but not these.

Funny, I don't like the long breaks and want to get back in ASAP.