What's new

Video/Tutorial Ideas for Zod video

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
The flame carpet glitch needs to be in this video. Nothing looks cooler than Zod standing and watching as his enemies burn.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
When Zod first came out, my friends and I got our heads together to figure out some really cool looking combos and set-ups. Most of this are functional meaning they are easy to execute some are impractical. Let me know what you think, feedback is always appreciated.

BnB's

Set-ups

Tech

Old online gameplay

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion

Thank you for the footage! I will definitely use a lot of what you have already made great videos of, but this video is taking it a step further. I have been following and been a part of the evolution of Zod for a while now, and I think I have a grasp of how his tools should be utilized and what set ups and combos are important for his gameplan as he stands today. I am not focusing too much on this though, but rather on flashyness, so words like bnb's, practical and tutorial won't have a big part in this video.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Thank you for the footage! I will definitely use a lot of what you have already made great videos of, but this video is taking it a step further. I have been following and been a part of the evolution of Zod for a while now, and I think I have a grasp of how his tools should be utilized and what set ups and combos are important for his gameplan as he stands today. I am not focusing too much on this though, but rather on flashyness, so words like bnb's, practical and tutorial won't have a big part in this video.

No problem, keep us updated! looking forward to more Zod videos. If you need help or just feedback let me know

SimSim

AK Pig Of The Hut has alot of good up to date tech with zod as well as some other top players who use zod. cant remember their names though.
Yea I have been developing tech right a long side these guys and we have inspired each other a lot:) Zod has a great community. Not that many players, but great at coming up with stuff!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
As I announced a while back, I want to make a compilation video of all the cool stuff we have found with Zod, with the sole purpose of making our character look as badass as possible (I know other people are working on a more educational video guide)

My ideas so far are:
-General good looking combos
-Trait combos
-Trait mix ups (Including normal canceling to grab and dash canceling to grab)
-Different set ups with and without trait and interactables
-Glitches

Of course all of these elements will be intertwined in the video, so there might be a segment where many of these are present within the same combo or set up.

Any ideas on what to include are welcome, and ideas on how to show it off in the most badass way are also appreciated;)

Also I would like to get soe suggestions on the songs/tunes to use in the video and maybe a suggestion for a good free video editing program.

This is the first time I am doing video editing stuff like this so I am going to keep it pretty basic, but hope to make the video look good.

The only reclamation I would say : please no phone video pls. Make it in HD or try to find someone to do so (I can then you can download it to get the viewers I don't care).

I can turn this into this :

SimSim

The only reclamation I would say : please no phone video pls. Make it in HD or try to find someone to do so (I can then you can download it to get the viewers I don't care).

I can turn this into this :

I would never have announced this if I didn't just receive my capture card;)

insignis

Noob
Old Windows has Windows Movie Maker to edit videos :) and Youtube has its own editor to merge clips and adding tunes to them.
For flaming carpet and some lasers setups you can use Arthur Brown - Fire as a theme

aaand I would wait for alternate skin for Zod to make video ultra badass :)

SimSim

So far this is what I have touched on in my footage:
-Trait mix up strings
-flame carpet (comboed in to after a mix up)
-mix up with glitched zod ball recovery followed by glitched air ball
-corner reverse wake ups
-combo in to trait
-Fireball trap set up after trait grab (After comboing in to trait)
-glitched throw (laser charge while the grab animation charges laser) in to combo followed by delayed full screen throw animation because of glitched throw
-Riding harley + other nonsense with the same glitch and trait on the screen
-Zod white shark tech
-Trait grab set up in to zod charge reset (zod charge resets the combo counter if done grounded during a trait grab and let's you jump in for a mix up - they can block)

I think I am missing some good combos with and without trait, and I will steal these from different sources and give credit in the video!

More suggestions are welcome!

PS: I will probably spend quite a lot of time on editing the video, so it's not close to being finished even if I am getting some footage saved!

SimSim

Scratch my last post..

I am totally exposed as a video editor noobie at this point. I have had nothing but trouble so far haha...
I had to remake most of my videos because I didn't remove inputs etc. on the screen. Now I realize that I should remove the background music too, if I am going to add music to the video.

I also recorded the videos in Mpeg-2 TS which seems to be a bad format to work with, but I managed to convert them. The video editing program that I am trying out is "Lightworks" which seems to be good, but I am failing at it so far. Also audio started to stutter when I imported them..

I will try to remake everything once again!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Alright, so here is the first draft for my zod video.

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Scratch my last post..

I am totally exposed as a video editor noobie at this point. I have had nothing but trouble so far haha...
I had to remake most of my videos because I didn't remove inputs etc. on the screen. Now I realize that I should remove the background music too, if I am going to add music to the video.

I also recorded the videos in Mpeg-2 TS which seems to be a bad format to work with, but I managed to convert them. The video editing program that I am trying out is "Lightworks" which seems to be good, but I am failing at it so far. Also audio started to stutter when I imported them..

I will try to remake everything once again!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Alright, so here is the first draft for my zod video.

I am still looking to add more main content, and also a lot of glitch nonsense at the end together with the "credits".

My biggest problem is that windows movie maker is the only editor that hasn't messed something up, so my options are limited. Still looking to find a better video editor!

Suggestions regarding content, music and editor is more than welcome! Please don't share the video etc though, it is just a draft that I will improve on!

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@NY_Jailhouse
@Marcus
how can i help you?

Id really like to

Seriously SimSim this is fucking incredible. One of the hypest fighting game related vids i've seen in a looooong time. Also, GODLIKE music choice with dragonforce through the fire and flames!!!