What's new

Ideas For Li Mei If She Were To Return As A Playable Character

Cicada 5

Noob
Thread to discuss what to do for Li Mei in terms of gameplay and story if she were to return.

Li Mei would be one of several Outworld refugees who fled Outworld to escape Shao Kahn's tyranny. When the Dragon King Onaga returns to and begins searching for new souls to revive his army. When some of the refugees taken from Earth, Li Mei teams up with the heroes to save them.

Li Mei plays rather similar to her original depiction with emphasis on speed. Her pressure point attack returns as a fatality and is implemented into her X-Ray move/Fatal blow.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As someone that thinks gameplay and playstyle all the time, and actually have coded fan versions of 2D MK before this is what i think:

Archtype: Setup character.
Specials:
Up blast (close, mid, far and very far) shoots a energy wave upwards that after disappear the screen falls in straightline, if it hits opponents guarantees free hits, if blocked its slightly plus, amplified version falls slightly slower and are overheads on the way down.

Straight Blast: Li Mei classic fire ball, work as same as any fire ball, amplified version fires a second one that hits low.
Flying gatling punch: works as a combo ender punishable if guarded, good chunk of damage on its own, flyes over lows.
Front scissor kicks: floats over lows and d1s, if hits airborne knockdowns, if amplified while someone is grounded she does a flash kick after and launches.

Strings: No overhead starters because of her setup rpojectile, strings are mostly safe with 1 or 2 hits, rest are plus but with a gap, 2 low starters and a axe kick that hits mid, plus frames and is special cancelable.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Maby she'll be in MK12, but I doubt it. If they didn't Mileena to this game, and other bigger characters, they ain't gonna add a character that just made a short cameo in MKX's story.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Some ideas I was thinking of for her was in your face, relentless offense.

Klock Kick: Same as 3D era, pops up for juggles

Cartwheel: Similar to previous iterations. Hits overhead, and can be done in the air. Can also follow up with more kicks provided if she has the meter (If they keep meter the way it is for 11, she can do it up to 2 enhance moves).

A couple new moves I thought of for her.

Chakra Block: A series of strikes to the opponents vital spots (similar to her fatal, which would be a cool call back as a brutality, for both her, and Trilogy era brutalities.) The opponent crumples to the ground and prevents the use of offensive meter for a few seconds. She can enhance it to prevent the use of defensive meter to keep pressure up.

Astral step: At first I was thinking a command dash that would go through projectiles, but that would probabaly be too much for what I would like her to do up close, and evading projectiles would make it easier to get her stuff started. So I'm thinking a dash that goes into a strike, but able to cancel it for defensive meter

A fatal blow I think would fit perfectly for her is something along the lines of Juri's SF 4 ultra, with some MK flare of course