What's new

Ice clone not working (complaint/potential fix)

I was watching some people test the game to see that ice clone might not be working how other games had ice clone to work.

- low moves are completely immune to ice clone freezing. I have zero clue why, but if someone pokes near the feet of clone they will not get frozen. It seems weird that in every game before this low poking with ice clone resulted in a freeze but not this game.

- with ice clone not being freestyle towards the feet , it makes the air ice clone completely useless. You can practically just walk through it and not get frozen.

- combine this with ice clone lasting extremely shortly, I feel like this move is pretty useless when it comes to utiliy.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Seems fine. It'll have it's uses, but not be as character defining or oppressive as in MKX. Given the strength of the rest of Sub's kit, seems fine.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'd add a second or so of duration for the clone and fix the pokes ignoring it, and that's it. Perhaps also make it go away if Sub grabs someone, to avoid the stupidity of corner-grab-clone setups of MKX. Otherwise yeah, seems fine.

The startup on ice clone is fast enough to combo off of it mid air. With that fast of a startup you can anti air and freeze someone on reaction. That's probably why it goes away so fast. From what it looks like the move is better imo.

It's Bi-han's ice klone so this makes sense. Mk11 still has attacks phasing through klone tackle so we're lucky this one is half functional.

It's Bi-han's ice klone so this makes sense. Mk11 still has attacks phasing through klone tackle so we're lucky this one is half functional.
it not being low hit detectable has to be a bug. I understand the clone disapearing quick (fine with it) and no grab into clone (completely understand) but low pokes going through it , is like in mkx alien's tail would go through clone. Unintentional

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
it not being low hit detectable has to be a bug. I understand the clone disapearing quick (fine with it) and no grab into clone (completely understand) but low pokes going through it , is like in mkx alien's tail would go through clone. Unintentional
Remembering that this is an early build and kinks will still get worked out...

What makes you say low hits are immune? Maybe we're talking about two different things. I watched almost nothing but Sub-Zero gameplay and I saw plenty of occasions where d4s were eaten by Clone. I even remember Sub doing Clone, opponent does d4 and gets frozen, then Sub tries to do b2 on them but they low-profiled and made b2 whiff.

In previous games, low pokes always went through Clone to an extent because of disjointed hitboxes. Some reach further than others. In this stress test, Sub-Zero himself looks like he can pretty much d1 all the way through Clone due to his range and body position.

I'm speculating, but the Clone pose (front leg raised) might have been a design choice to allow pokes a little more range.