What's new

IC MyGod88 Wins MK9 @ UCC 2013

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

With a small bracket loaded with heavy hitters from the Southwest, MK9 at this year's UCC was nothing to scoff at. But, in the end, it came down to the Top 4.

First up, we had loser's semi-finals. With FOREVER_WOLF facing top 3 EVO placer, IC MyGod88. MyGod came out strong with his signature Sonya, taking the first set against Wolf's Jax rather decisively. Immediately going to character select, Wolf opts to give MyGod a taste of his own medicine.

In a rather, hard-to-keep-track-of mirror match, Wolf was able to get the first round off of MyGod. Then, in two VERY close matches, MyGod pulled out all the stops. Making amazing read after amazing read to take the set, eliminating FOREVER_WOLF.

Next up was Winner's Finals, with myself facing KH Starcharger's Kitana with Sub Zero. Deciding to stick with my main and try to fight it out in what is well known as a TERRIBLE matchup, I simply had no answer to StarCharger's Kitana.

Up next was Loser's Finals. With myself, still sore from the beating, against MyGod. After a bit of friendly conversation about the last set, we got down to business. MyGod goes back to his old stand-by, Liu Kang. I stuck with Sub Zero, not wanting to risk my scorpion getting bullied up close by Louis CKang's pressure. MyGod completely out-played me, as per usual, and took the set 3-0.

With Grand Finals set and ready to go, Star Charger stepped back on the stage to face MyGod. Not to be stuffed on his home turf, MyGod played his ass off. Resetting the bracket 3-0 then taking the final set 3-0 to win the tournament. Congrats to all players, GTGE.

UCC 2013 MK9 Top 4 Results:
Loser's Semis:
FOREVER_WOLF(Jax/Sonya): 0
vs​
IC MyGod88 (Sonya): 2
Winner's Finals:
KH StarCharger(Kitana: 3
vs​
NRF|AeS BeefSupreme(Sub Zero): 0
Loser's Finals:
NRF|AeS BeefSupreme (Sub Zero): 0
vs​
IC MyGod 88 (Liu Kang): 3
Grand Finals
Winners Side: KH StarCharger(Kitana): 0
vs​
Loser's Side: IC MyGod 88(Sonya): 6
I will post brackets and archive links once the remainder of the tournament is concluded.
@Gamerblake90