What's new

Ian "Vandy" Davis: "top 8 and games to qualify for top 8 will be 3/5" for Injustice: GAU at Kumite

M2Dave

Zoning Master
All credit goes to Vandy, the tournament organizer, and Matt (aka Playing To Win), who has been advocating for this change privately. Without his determination and passion for the game, this change would never have occurred. As a result, you get to watch more high level Injustice: GAU gameplay in Tennessee on the weekend of January 25 - 26.

I do not want to cause any confusion about the statement. Pools are still going to be run 2/3. Only top 8 and a match where the winner directly qualifies for top 8 will be 3/5. It is a compromise. ~ Vandy

kitbanner.jpg

Source:

To be included shortly.

STORMS
ZAQ
Krayzie
AK GamerBlake
THTB

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just the sight of P2Ws mail address made me "blegh".

Good decision though, props to Davis.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Kumite and UFGT will be a great test of the time considerations for 3/5.

I always thought that someone should at least try it out so we could see; and well, here we go :)

Almost helps mitigate the nostagia for the MLG glory days. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

coolwhip

Noob
Kumite and UFGT will be a great test of the time considerations for 3/5.

I always thought that someone should at least try it out so we could see; and well, here we go :)

Almost helps mitigate the nostagia for the MLG glory days. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Remember, now "the best player always wins. No gimmicks" as opposed to all those 2/3 matches in which scrubs luck out a win. In all seriousness, I'm all for 3/5 simply because Injustice matches are too short for 2/3.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Remember, now "the best player always wins. No gimmicks" as opposed to all those 2/3 matches in which scrubs luck out a win.
To a specific player who shall not be named.. you have my deepest sympathies.. Hehe

Last edited:

Vandy

Kumite!
I hope everyone enjoys this change - I am excited to see some great action in the top 8 for Injustice!

Definitely have to give credit to P2W for alerting me to issue. I see there is great passion for the game in the community so I am happy to oblige in this small way.

Vandy

Kumite!
Vandy the rules page here: http://kitrevival.com/game-rules/injustice-gods-among-us says that the stage is random. Any chance we can specify double random? We've been trying to set a consistent community set of rules for stage select. Having the rules set at Kumite will help a ton to make sure we have community wide rules on stages.
Yes, I will change it. I apologize for the oversight, and I agree with the rule.

IF YOUR GOING TO THIS TOURNAMENT YOUR HELLA LUCKY. SPONSER ME AND I'LL LOVE YOU. ILL LOVE YA'LL ANYWAYS. GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL GOING YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOUR FORTUNATE TO EVEN HAVE THIS TYPE OF FUN.

Vandy

Kumite!
I do not want to cause any confusion about the statement. Pools are still going to be run 2/3. Only top 8 and a match where the winner directly qualifies for top 8 will be 3/5. It is a compromise.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I do not want to cause any confusion about the statement. Pools are still going to be run 2/3. Only top 8 and a match where the winner directly qualifies for top 8 will be 3/5. It is a compromise.
I updated the original post with this, fyi. Thank you

Vandy

Kumite!
Thanks. After reading the title over again and some reaction I realized there was some ambiguity to the statement. As a player I hated ambiguity, so as a tournament organizer I try to be as clear and transparent as possible.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Cool stuff. I think this addresses problems some of us had with 2/3's while (hopefully) not running too long. Just spreading the love, and Vandy, your statement seems pretty clear in the OP, I wouldn't worry about it

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
3/5 seems to work for MVC, and I believe MVC and IGAU matches last for a similar amount of time (or MVC is longer).

3/5 really helps minimize the effect of one unfortunate dropped combo, suffering an interactable beatdown, etc. Plus you get more time to read and adapt. Longer sets always favor the better player. In every game.