What's new

Strategy iafb in the corner

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ok this is a question/ statement , meaning if im wrong please tell me otherwise.
iafb is a frame trap correct? so in you get a f4 in the corner and they are comitted to block because of an uniteruptable 312, if instead you did iafb you could loop it over and over till you hit them, and if you did you could follow up with f2 and start the loops again? also mixup potential here is after 3 or 4 iafbs you are to far to get an ultra instant airblast you instead do a slight forward iafb or lift into f4 into corner so it could start again?

zaf Metzos Big D

is its possible im gonna practice this forever due to its sheer amount of chip and meter building

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
ok this is a question/ statement , meaning if im wrong please tell me otherwise.
iafb is a frame trap correct? so in you get a f4 in the corner and they are comitted to block because of an uniteruptable 312, if instead you did iafb you could loop it over and over till you hit them, and if you did you could follow up with f2 and start the loops again? also mixup potential here is after 3 or 4 iafbs you are to far to get an ultra instant airblast you instead do a slight forward iafb or lift into f4 into corner so it could start again?

zaf Metzos Big D

is its possible im gonna practice this forever due to its sheer amount of chip and meter building
I have no idea what you mean by this lol

Illmatix

ok you f4 them in the corner and your super close , instant air blast 3x (uninterruptable due to frame trap) if you hit them and they are standing you are at massive advantage, so you f2 (frame trap) into 3 instant airblasts again.

Illmatix

also thanks for replying to my other thread zaf you really got me on iafb's nuts lol

zaf

professor
ok you f4 them in the corner and your super close , instant air blast 3x (uninterruptable due to frame trap) if you hit them and they are standing you are at massive advantage, so you f2 (frame trap) into 3 instant airblasts again.
Iafb is not a frame trap. It is 0 on block.

Ok so you are in the corner......you hit them with F4...... Your next Iafb is a frame trap only because they are still in "stagger" from the F4.
Anything you do next will be a frame trap....... So after a F4, if you want more chip damage, do a F2 into an iafb.
This will be two consecutive frame traps and more chip damage.

Iafb is not a frame trap, its just hard to counter multiple iafb in a row because of how the move works.

So what you are suggesting is not frame traps, it could work if the person does not respect the iafb, but this is by no means a frame trap, new, etc. This is how i use ermac in the corner, because of how well it works.

zaf

professor
so would this still be viable?
on certain characters who do not have an answer for iafb pressure yes.

the good thing about consecutive iafb, is you can buffer one into the next one. This makes doing multiple ones easier and easier.

I would keep abusing neutral Iafb against someone, until it hits, then go for a F2.

if f2 hits them because they tried to move you get a free TKS
If f2 is blocked, you can do an iafb as it is a frame trap right back into consecutive iafb.

Illmatix

and i also mean what can they do if they respect it? cant you just keep going it or force a knock down?

Illmatix

ok atleast its not completly useless thank you guys so much for your help. its a shame you guys are on xbox cuz it would have been an honor to play and learn a thing or two from you two. once again, thanks.

Enenra

Go to hell.
thats what i said. its viable as long as someone does not have an answer for this. Like wtf is cyrax going to do?
EN Ragdoll, now you're in the corner, he pops a bomb while you are face down, and you get raped. Happened to me before and I crai evrytiem

Error

DF2+R2
ok atleast its not completly useless thank you guys so much for your help. its a shame you guys are on xbox cuz it would have been an honor to play and learn a thing or two from you two. once again, thanks.
I'm on PSN if you ever want to play Ermac mirrors.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Illmatix, good idea but risky. As said in the above posts characters with armored moves will escape this. Plus its not consistent as well. But if your opponent respects the air-blast it can be used as a mindgame though. For example, F4, Iab, or dash in and throw or dash in and 31, if you want to mix it up abit.

Owerbart

I miss you
This would look more like a mindgame, nice resource to have in hand for the corner game. After connectic F4 try to go for F2 getting the frame advantage. From then, you can do IAFB or just mix things up. Another idea for ending up being in neutral is 121, I think it will do more chip than IAFB.

Another idea might be to delay the IAFB a little bit, bait a poke and do it.

Illmatix

This would look more like a mindgame, nice resource to have in hand for the corner game. After connectic F4 try to go for F2 getting the frame advantage. From then, you can do IAFB or just mix things up. Another idea for ending up being in neutral is 121, I think it will do more chip than IAFB.

Another idea might be to delay the IAFB a little bit, bait a poke and do it.
yea i do f2 after f4, only after ive done iafb once before since f4 f2 is not a frame trap and good players will try to poke. (gotta make them feel their poke is a risk) yes this, 121 is a frame trap after f4 if your are close enough so 1 will hit them, and they cant duck it because f4 heightens there hit box.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm sorry but what is IAFB? Instant air force blast? I just have to be sure. That's the only thing I can think of it being.

I'm sorry but what is IAFB? Instant air force blast? I just have to be sure. That's the only thing I can think of it being.
yeah. IA stands for instant air. a few characters have IA specials. such as liu kangs IA fireballs, kuhbawl's IA gas blasts, kitana's IA fans, mac man's IA force blast, etc.