What's new

iAF Tips and Tricks

lobo

woof.
i know the importance of this move, and can hit it about 50-60%, but i'm wondering if there is something that i am missing.

i do u, d, f 1 as fast as i can.

i've had it suggested to me to do d, u, f, 1 .... or to do a reverse 270 starting from up...

it there a negative edge trick to making this move easier? is there any motion or exercise i can do to improve consistency?

and help or tips would be appreciated

KingofSarus

Fight Fire with Fire
I have to say [:d:u:r:fp] is the best one. I mean, seriously, you can throw that damn fan as soon as you jump!

However, I personally prefer [:u:d:r:fp] because it's easier to execute and you can also get as close as the first option.

I'm sure with enough practice with the timing, doing the first option will be a piece of cake. :D

Lomyn

Snoctopus
I do UF, D, F. The fan toss backs up Kitana a bit, and I feel that by jumping a bit forward it helps to maintain my screen position a bit better. You still end up jumping backwards, but not as far as a neutral jump or back jump.

DrDogg

Noob
I find better luck using negative edge, but I'm not consistant at all. It's not a big part of my game though because I don't zone with Kitana.

If someone finds an easier, or more reliable way to do it, then I may add it into my game... but I don't want to risk randomly jumping just to get an iAF.

I use the u,d,f 1 method the way i think about it is canceling the initial stages of the jump animation if it treat it like a cancel it works better in my head lol