What's new

Question I was just wondering if it would be possible...

As I've already mentioned in other thread, I sometimes have problems with execution of my moves, mainly spacials. I'm certain that execution of specials and making them at least 99% consistent should be fundamental for any level of gameplay. I haven't been able to get much very helpfull replies since and that has brought me to an interesting conclusion.

What I've been thinking is basicaly whether any video exists of a ceartain pro or very solid played of MK, where his hand and finger movement on a pad (preferably ps3 controller) would be entirely visible and maybe even slowed down a bit. However I'm in doubts anything like this exist, I still kindly ask you for that favor. If anyone knows of any material of that nature on youtube, etc., I'd be extremely grateful.

Myself, I'm using a madcatz MLG pad which is pretty good imo, it has that ps3 dpad replica which is very solid for MK. But I still tend to make a lot of mistakes with my execution and a perfectionst I am, I'm dying for any info that I could dig up on that matter.

Help me out people! Even if no video material could be found, any other recommendation would be just great.
See u soon

Sry man I'd really love to, but unfortunately I only own this game on my PC. My PC is great and pretty powerful, but yeah I know you can hardly call yourself a decent fighters player if u don't even own a single console. Maybe I buy one in the future, but at the moment, I'm only a poor man with a PC :(

I don't quite understand what your problem is.

Look at the special moves of your character and look if he has a down-forward or down-back special and use that one: down-forward-1 = special attack.

Press down and then press forward and 1 at the same time. Concentrate on doing it. It should come out 10 out of 10 times if you concentrate on doing it. Don't do it quickly, like you're in a match and nervous. If you're able to do it slowly, it's good enoug hand then you just need to get the muscle-mind-coordination and the muscle memory down.

WIth you being a PC gamer... have you ever played World of Warcraft? Or any other MMO? Imagine you bind your abilities to certain keys and play with it. You get it down and can play without thinking. But then you switch the buttons and need to get the new setup into your muscle memory. It's the same with execution in fighting games.

However, doing specials is one thing, but canceling into specials can be very weird in NRS fighters. Most of the time you have to input the special, while the string you had to input before that is being applied, so you'll have to be quick on the execution. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable with rolling the command down-forward from down to foward, instead of pressing down and then forward. You know, you would do it like in a half-circle motion and then press the 1 (standing for light punch) while you end on forward, or slightly afterwards.

The way I used to practice that was by either picking Noob Saibot or Striker and only using specials to beat the opponent (no matter if NPC or other players. It was only about getting the specials execution down).